Your workspace-level settings show you any ideas portals associated with your workspace (with links to their account-level settings), as well as what idea categories you have created for your workspace. They will also link to your account-level ideas portal settings, where you can configure the portals themselves.
Your account-level idea settings allow you to create and configure portals in Settings ⚙️> Account > Configure ideas portals. You can also add custom fields to your ideas in Settings ⚙️> Account > Custom fields or edit the idea layout in Settings ⚙️> Account > Custom layouts.
These settings are just the beginning. To dive into how Aha! can help you manage ideas for your product or service, head over to the ideas section of our knowledge base.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
Or, explore more settings articles:
An ideas portal can be as sophisticated as you need it to be. You can have one portal per workspace, multiple workspaces pointing to the same portal, or multiple portals stemming from the same workspace. The Settings ⚙️> Workspace > Ideas > Configure settings are where you set defaults for any portals associated with that specific workspace. This is where you can see links to the associated portals themselves.
- Default idea assignee — is an optional field. If you would like every new idea to be assigned to a product manager for review, for example, you can set it here. If you have a team of people reviewing submitted ideas, you may choose to leave this field blank.
- Workflow for ideas — will default to the Example ideas workflow. This is the lifecycle of the idea record type, from creation to review to promotion or resolution status. You can create custom workflows in Settings ⚙️> Accounts > Configure statuses and workflows. Click Edit ideas workflow to change the workflow for ideas in this workspace or click the hyperlink to move to Settings ⚙️> Accounts > Configure statuses and workflows.
- Scorecard for ideas — allows you to use scorecards to prioritize ideas. If you promote an idea to an initiative, master feature, or feature, the idea score will carry over to help you prioritize the promoted record against other records of the same type.
- Ideas via email — determines the email address used to submit ideas for your specific workspace. For security purposes, we do not recommend forwarding another email address to the ideas portal email address.
- Ideas portal for emailed ideas — determines where ideas submitted by email will go. Click the dropdown to select a portal. It is a good idea to create unique names for each ideas portal. This will make it easier to find what you are looking for in dropdown selections.
- Edit the custom fields for ideas — takes you to Settings ⚙️> Account > Custom fields where you can create, edit, or delete custom fields. These fields can be internal to help you manage and prioritize submitted ideas or external to help you gather pertinent information from your users.
Click Update ideas configuration to save your changes.
At the bottom of the page, you will see Portals for <workspace name> and a list of each ideas portal associated with your current workspace. Click the portal name to be taken to Settings ⚙️> Account > Configure portals where you can edit the portal. Click the Open portal icon on the right side of any portal to open the portal itself.
Idea categories organize your ideas. When a user submits an idea to your portal, they will be able to place it in a category. When a user browses your portal, they will be able to browse by category. Your idea categories could be parts of your product ("Reports," "Profile," "Checkout") or different teams of experts ("Digital marketing," "Content marketing," "Product marketing") who will be best equipped to help the idea submitter.
Click Create idea category to create one or hover over a created category to Edit or Delete it. Categories can nest in a hierarchy, so you can have multiple child categories under a parent category.