While setting up your Jira integration, you can define Links to relationships on the Mappings step. The purpose of a Links to relationship is to define the link between records in Aha! that you would like to maintain when the records are sent to Jira. For example, you can set a Links to relationship on features that will maintain the Fix Version for a user story.
If you want your integration to maintain relationships between record types, setting your Links to values is a critical step. Sometimes, you may not see the Links to option that you need in the Jira dropdown. This may be caused by one of two common issues.
Issue 1: The field is not configured on the correct screen in Jira
Sometimes, you may be unable to establish a link to fields like Fix Version or Epic link. Often, the reason is that those fields are not configured on the Create, View, and Edit screens in Jira. To resolve this, you should add those fields to the Create, View, and Edit screens for your project in Jira. See our support article here for instructions on adding fields to screens in Jira.
Issue 2: You are using a next-gen project in Jira
You may be unable to establish a link because you are using a next-gen Jira project.
Right now, the Aha! integration with Jira supports next-gen projects; however, there are some limitations.
Here are a few support articles from Atlassian that explain next-gen Jira projects:
- Everything you want to know about next-gen projects in Jira
- Getting started with next-gen projects
- Classic and next-gen project templates in Jira Software Cloud
Known limitations with next-gen project integrations include:
- During the integration setup, you cannot define any Links to relationships. The reason for this limitation is that Jira does not currently allow you to edit screen schemes in next-gen projects. Additionally, the Epic link field cannot be mapped.
- If you are trying to sync time tracking information, only the Story Point Estimate field can be exposed on a Jira Create/Edit screen and mapped with Aha! Meaning, estimates can only be synced if they are in story point units, not time-based units.
- Logged time cannot be synced between the two systems.