Activities are the fundamental building blocks driving the successful delivery of your marketing plans. They represent the incremental units of technical and non-technical work that carry out your strategic goals and initiatives.
Activities are defined with descriptions, requirements, attachments and mockups that articulate the exact challenge you are trying to solve. Add focus and intention to each of your activities by linking them to the strategy of your workspace and/or marketing line. Once defined, activities are assigned to a schedule and shared with your teams.
Create new activities
To start, we will focus on some of the most common ways to create activities.
- The first (and simplest) way is to click the + icon in the top-right corner of any screen. From there, click Activity and complete the Create activity modal with all necessary information.
- The second way is to navigate to the Activities tab and click the Add activity button, either at the top of the page or at the bottom of each schedule column. The same Create activity modal will appear — add all the details you need.
- The third way to create an activity is by promoting it from a request. Sometimes a stakeholder request is important enough to promote it directly to an activity. Aha! allows you promote a request clicking the Request details > Promote button.
Once you have created an activity, you will see a green box containing a hyperlink to your new activity. Click it to see the drawer view for your activity and adjust or add any details. Click the X icon to close the drawer view or the Details button to see the full-page activity details.
Use and manage activities
The Activities > Board page shows activities and their associated schedules. Activities can be rearranged into a priority order within a schedule by dragging them to their desired position. To find specific activities, use the search bar at the top right, or just use the search keyboard shortcut (CTRL+F or CMD+F) to automatically search for and highlight relevant results without leaving the activities board.
The Activities > Details page displays one activity at a time, allowing you to see every detail at a glance, and other activities in the same schedule to the left.
You may find it useful to break down the work being done in an activity even further, using to-dos, comments, and requirements.
- To-dos are as simple as they sound. They allow you to assign a piece of an activity to one or several people. Click the + icon next to To-dos on an activity card to create one, describe it, and assign it to a member of your team.
- Comments allow you to collaborate on a single activity without losing track of the conversation. Anyone on your team can comment on an activity by clicking the + icon next to Comments on an activity card to create one. Use the @ symbol to tag an Aha! user, and a # symbol to tag in another Aha! record.
- Requirements are a versatile Aha! record type. They can represent a subset of the work to be done, such as research, design, or peer review. They can also be promoted to activities themselves. Requirements can be assigned to members of your team, and you can comment on them as well — keeping the conversation on your activity much more organized.
Activities can be customized to ensure that you are only seeing information on your activities that is relevant to your business. Here are a few customization options for activities:
- Create custom fields that fit your needs, like expected advertising spend.
- Customize the activity card field layout so that the most relevant fields show up where you need them to. In the Customize record cards modal, click the Activity card tab to customize the activity card.
- Customize the activity card design for yourself or for your team.
- Customize the Aha! score so that you can more easily prioritize activities in a schedule.
Report on activities
Reporting on activities allows you to collaborate with your team, inform internal stakeholders of your progress, and visualize the work you are doing to reach your strategic goals.