We are about to make an update to the Aha! navigation so that it is easier to discover key information and generate the roadmaps and reports that you need. The goal of this change is to improve the experience of navigating the application.
On January 22, 2019, we will be updating the Aha! navigation menu in the application.
This update includes the following high-level changes:
- Product owners will be able to customize the navigation for their product more quickly.
- Some pages will be rearranged for existing products to make it easier to find the page you are looking for.
- The default navigation for new products will contain fewer items to simplify the overall experience.
Quickly customize your product's navigation
The custom navigation setting makes it possible for product owners to enable or disable top level or secondary level navigation items across Aha! It will now be much easier for product owners to access this setting so that they can quickly customize the navigation at the product level.
An edit button will now appear when hovering over the navigation bar, so that product owners can easily access their product's custom navigation settings.
Updates to the navigation for all existing products.
We want to make it easier to find what you are looking for, so we have rearranged and renamed a few menu items.
The following changes will be made to the navigation for all existing products:
- My work
- Was in Home > My work
- Now moved to User > My work
- Was in Home > Activity
- Now renamed to History and moved to User > History
- Releases > Overview
- Was Releases > Overview
- Now renamed to Releases > Gantt
- Was Reports in the top navigation
- Now renamed to Roadmaps
- Releases Roadmap
- Was in Reports > Roadmaps > Releases
- Now removed from navigation but remains accessible via Releases > Gantt
- Was in Reports > Roadmaps > Calendars
- Now moved to Releases > Calendar
- My profile
- Was in User > My profile
- Now removed from the navigation but remains accessible via Settings > Personal
Default navigation for new products
In order to simplify the user experience for new products, the default navigation will contain fewer items. New products created within product lines configured with custom navigation will continue to inherit those settings.
As noted above, it is possible for product owners to customize this navigation for their team at any time.
The following pages will be hidden by default for all new products:
- Custom tables (Available to Enterprise+ only)
Our Customer Success team, made up of all former product managers, is here to help. If you have any questions about this upcoming change, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.