The Import from UserVoice tool allows you to take feedback from UserVoice and import it into Aha! for Marketing as requests. This enables you to connect feedback from UserVoice to the strategy and planning effort that you are managing in Aha! for Marketing.
What is imported
- Request name
- Request description
- Request votes
- Requests portal users
- Request comments
- Request status
How to import
Within Settings > Workspace, click Import from UserVoice.
1) Choose the Aha! for Marketing workspace that the UserVoice data will be added to.
2) Choose the requests portal where your UserVoice data will be added
3) Enter the following UserVoice credentials.
- Your UserVoice domain (Note: Use only the domain; omit the .uservoice.com)
- Your UserVoice Key*
- Your UserVoice Secret*
- Your UserVoice Forum ID
4) Then, click Test connection to verify that Aha! for Marketing is connected to UserVoice.
5) Configure your status mapping between UserVoice feedback and Aha! for Marketing requests. You can configure Aha! for Marketing with custom statuses to match what you have in UserVoice — or you can map the existing UserVoice statuses to new Aha! for Marketing statuses.
6) Click Import to complete the import.
Note: Step #1 of these instructions explains how to create the UserVoice Key & Secret.*
- When you import UserVoice feedback into Aha! for Marketing, the requests will all be set as private. You can use the Requests > List page in Aha! to bulk edit requests and change their visibility after they have been imported.
- When users are imported, we check for existing users before importing new users. If a user already exists, we use the existing user and do not duplicate the user.
- When users are imported, we do not automatically send out an invite email. This allows you to import requests with their associated users without emailing every user at the same time as the import. Your users will exist in Aha! for Marketing so they can access your portal and do a password reset. This allows them to access the requests within your Aha! for Marketing requests portal.
- Votes that are anonymous are not copied to Aha! because we cannot associate them with a user. This can happen when a user deleted themselves from UserVoice after placing a vote.