Aha! presentations help you share marketing plans, reports, and other views from Aha! via a secure webpage or PDF — or, for a live audience, deliver it from your browser using Presentation mode. The information shared in your presentations is directly connected to the data in your account, making it simple to keep your audience informed as updates are made.
This feature has been carefully crafted to keep you in control of who sees what and when. Sometimes as activities and dates change, you want your published roadmap to automatically reflect the new reality. Other times, you might want to choose when to present the latest and also have the time to communicate new updates. You can do both with this feature.
You can create as many presentations as you need to effectively share your marketing plans and other information from Aha! with different audiences. Each presentation can be tailored to show only what is important to each audience.
Create a presentation
To create a new presentation as a blank canvas:
- Navigate to Roadmaps > Presentations > Overview.
- Click Create new presentation. This will launch the slide editor.
- From there, you can begin adding slides with text, shapes, and views from nearly any page in the Aha! application.
You can also create a presentation starting with a view from nearly any page in the Aha! application:
- In the top-right corner of nearly any page in Aha!, click the More options button, and then select Add to presentation.
- In the Add to presentation modal, select Existing presentation or Create new presentation, and then enter the required information.
- Click Add to presentation.
- Continue adding any pages from Aha! that you want to share. Note: You can add up to 50 pages to a single presentation.
Edit your slides
Use the slide editor to quickly add, edit, and reorder the slides in your presentation. To begin editing slides, navigate to Roadmaps > Presentations > Overview and select View presentation. Your presentation will open in the slide editor. From the slide editor:
- Customize the slides in your presentation with images, shapes, and text, as well as annotate directly on Aha! views to highlight the most important details.
- Add Aha! views directly to a slide using the Add Aha! views button.
- Right-click anywhere on the slide preview pane on the left to add, copy, cut, paste, or delete a slide.
- Include multiple Aha! views on the same slide and set their update frequency to control how often each view is updated.
Manage your presentation
To manage your slides, toggle from the Slide editor to the Grid view in the upper left corner of the page. From the grid view, you can see large thumbnails of all the slides in your presentation and reorder slides by dragging and dropping them into position.
- Click the Add slide button to add blank slides to your presentation.
- When you are using grid view, double-click on a slide to open the slide editor.
Publish your presentation
Once your presentation is assembled and ready to share, you can publish it as a secure web presentation or PDF.
The web presentation allows you to create a live view of the presentation hosted as a webpage that provides a read-only copy of the data for others to view. There are multiple ways to make your web presentation secure, allowing you to create a safe place to share a live copy of your roadmap.
You can also create a downloadable PDF document that contains all of the content within your presentation. This is useful for teams looking to print or email the presentation.
Deliver your presentation
There are two ways to present your slides — a secure webpage and presentation mode.
Both presenting experiences maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio to ensure that your slides are viewed exactly as you had designed them, no matter the size of the viewer's monitor. Please note that in some scenarios, black bars may be shown on the right and left or bottom and top of the slides to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio if the viewer's screen has a wider or taller ratio.
- The secure webpage option should be used when sharing a link with someone who is viewing it without you present in the room.
- Presentation mode should be used when you are delivering a presentation to others in the same room as you. This option will show the slides in full-screen mode, and you can access it using the Present button within the presentation slide editor. In presentation mode, slide controls will disappear when not in use to keep the focus on the content of your presentation.
If you update a presentation after publishing it, you can download old versions by clicking More options and selecting View previous versions.
For webpages, please note that there is always only one URL per presentation. While you can view older versions, you cannot revert to an older webpage and publish it.
Copy a presentation
You can copy any presentation to get a quick starting point for a new one. This is particularly useful when you want to create slightly different versions of the presentation for different audiences.
To copy a presentation:
- Go to Roadmaps > Presentations > Overview and open the details page of the presentation you wish to copy.
- On the details page, click the More options button, and then select Copy presentation. The copy will include all slides, collaborators, and to-dos.