Aha! notebooks help you share marketing plans, reports, and other views from Aha! via a secure web page or PDF. The information shared in your notebooks is directly connected to the data in your account, making it simple to keep your audience informed as updates are made.
This feature has been carefully crafted to keep you in control of who sees what and when. Sometimes as activities and dates change, you want your published roadmap to automatically reflect the new reality. Other times, you might want to choose when to present the latest and also have the time to communicate new updates. You can do both with this feature.
You can create as many notebooks as you need to effectively share your marketing plans and other information from Aha! with different audiences. Each notebook can be tailored to show only what is important to them.
Create a notebook
- In the top-right corner of any page in Aha!, click the More options button, and then select Add to notebook.
- In the Add to notebook modal, select Existing notebook or Create new notebook, and then enter the required information.
- Click Add to notebook.
- Continue adding any pages from Aha! that you want to share. You can add up to 50 pages to a single notebook.
Manage content in your notebook
To manage the content within a notebook, go to Roadmaps > Notebooks > Overview and select your notebook.
From this page, you can rearrange the order of your notebook slides by dragging and dropping them into the desired position, or duplicate a slide by right-clicking on it and selecting Duplicate slide. Click the Add slide button to add blank slides to your notebook, allowing you to insert pages with custom images and text throughout your notebook presentation.
This page also allows you to customize slides by clicking the Edit button that appears when you hover on each slide.
- When editing your slides, you can annotate each one with custom text, shapes, or images.
- You can also add a slide from the slide editor by clicking the Add slide button.
Publish your notebook
Once your presentation is assembled and ready to share, you can publish it as a secure web notebook or PDF.
The web notebook allows you to create a live view of the notebook hosted as a web page that provides a read-only copy of the data for others to view. There are multiple ways to make your web notebook secure, allowing you to create a safe place to share a live copy of your roadmap.
You can also create a downloadable PDF document that contains all of the content within your notebook. This is useful for teams looking to print or email the notebook.
Present your notebook
There are two ways to present notebooks: web pages and presentation mode.
Both presenting experiences maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio to ensure that your slides are viewed exactly as you had designed them, no matter the size of the viewer's monitor. Please note that in some scenarios, black bars may be shown on the right and left or bottom and top of the slides to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio if the viewer's screen has a wider or taller ratio.
- Web pages should be used when sharing a link with someone who is viewing it without you present in the room.
- Presentation mode should be used when you are presenting the notebook to others in the same room as you. This option will show the slides in full screen mode, and you can access it with the new Present button within the notebook slide editor. In presentation mode, slide controls will disappear when not in use to keep the focus on the content of your presentation.
If you update a notebook after publishing it, you can download old versions by clicking More options and selecting View previous versions.
For web pages, please note that there is always only one URL per notebook. While you can view older versions, you cannot revert to an older web page and publish it.
Copy a notebook
You can copy any notebook to get a quick starting point for a new notebook. This is particularly useful for when you want to create slightly different versions of the notebook for different audiences.
To copy a notebook:
- Go to Roadmaps > Notebooks > Overview and open the details page of the notebook you wish to copy.
- On the details page, click the More options button, and then select Copy notebook. The copy will include all notebook pages, collaborators, and to-dos.