The 2.0 development system integrations allow you to optionally map any single Aha! record to multiple record types in your development system. This is useful when product teams are actively using many record types to capture requirements. For example, you could map the feature record in Aha! to both story and research spike record types in Jira.
Configuring the integration settings
When configuring your integration mappings, click Add record to add additional record type mappings for the same Aha! record type. After a single Aha! record type is mapped to multiple record types in your development system, you will see an option to set the default record mapping. This setting controls the default type that will be assigned when records are sent in bulk to the integrated system.
Sending and receiving records
When sending individual records to your integrated system, options are presented allowing you to choose the type of record it should be sent as.
Import candidates in the Integration updates modal will also include the record type in the description so that it is clear what is being imported.
Considerations when consolidating multiple integrations
If you are currently using separate integrations in Aha! to map a single Aha! record type to multiple record types in your development system, it may be desirable to consolidate into a single integration. Consolidating into a single integration is most beneficial for simplifying imports from your development system through the import from development system tool.
There are several approaches to take when consolidating existing integrations. Please review the following options to determine which approach is best suited for your situation:
- Delete the old integrations and use the Link to existing record option on each individual record to relink all the records through the new integration.
- This is best when there are a small number of linked records since it will require manual effort to re-link each record to the development system.
- Delete the old integrations, delete the records linked through that integration, re-import them using the new integration.
- This option is best when the record history and comments in Aha! are not needed since they will be lost when the records are deleted. This might be the case if the records were recently imported using the old integrations.
- Keep both the old and new integrations running, but only send/import new records using the new integration.
- This is best suited for integrations with a large number of existing integration record links where it is important to preserve comments and history in Aha!
- The old integrations would need to remain temporarily active in order for Aha! to continue sending/receiving updates for records already linked through those integrations. Once the existing work linked through the old integrations has been completed, the integrations can be disabled.
- It is recommended to rename the old integrations to something that indicates to your users they should not continue using them for new records. For example, "Jira - Bugs" could be renamed "[OLD] Jira - Bugs".
If you have questions about consolidating your integrations, please reach out to email@example.com to discuss your situation.