Aha! notebooks provide an easy way to organize roadmaps, reports, and other information from your Aha! account into a presentation format and then share it with external audiences. After creating a notebook, you may also want to invite other Aha! users to edit it with you and configure the security settings to meet your needs.
Add collaborators to a notebook
Initially, only the user who creates the notebook can edit it, but other users can also be added as collaborators. Collaborators are other users in your account that have access to edit your notebook within Aha!
- Go to Reports > Notebooks Overview and then click on a notebook in the list.
- Click the More options button on the top-right of the page and select Add collaborators. If you want to collaborate on a notebook with someone else from your team, you can give them access by clicking Actions > Manage collaborators. Each collaborator will be able to view, edit, and add more pages to the notebook.
- When you are ready to publish the notebook, click Generate web page, Generate PDF, or Download PDF.
Change notebook ownership
Aha! administrators can take control of any notebook.
To change the owner of a notebook:
- Go to Reports > Notebooks Overview and click on the name of a notebook.
- In the details page, click the More options button, and then select Take over.
- Click the Take Over button to immediately transfer ownership to yourself.
Web notebook security
When you create a web notebook, Aha! generates a secure link that will not be indexed by search engines. You can then share that link as desired with the proper stakeholders. Links display on the page cards to quickly navigate to the view in Aha! If the card represents a saved view, it will also include a bookmark icon to the left of the hyperlink.
You may also add additional protection by setting a password for a notebook using the Customize notebook button on the upper-left of the page. At any time, you can change the password or remove it completely. Users will need to re-enter the password if the password changes.
In addition to setting a password for web notebooks, you can go to Settings > Account > Security and single sign-on and restrict web notebook access to Aha! users only. This adds another layer of protection to who can access notebooks.
Note: Enterprise+ customers should be mindful that if IP based access control has been enabled on your account, any users trying to access the notebook from outside of the specified IP addresses will be blocked.