Aha! users can customize their slides using the powerful set of presentation tools that are available in the slide editor. Use the slide editor to create and remove slides, add views from nearly any page in the Aha! application, and customize your slides with shapes, images, and text.
To customize a presentation, start by choosing your presentation from the Roadmaps > Presentations > Overview section and then click on the slide to edit it. If you are viewing the presentation using the grid view option, double-click the slide to begin editing it.
As you are editing your presentation, keep in mind that presentation design elements such as Aha! views can extend beyond the boundaries of the slide. When this happens, a dotted horizontal and vertical line will appear on the slide to demonstrate which parts of the slide will be visible by default to viewers of the presentation. Anything beyond the dotted lines can be seen by viewers of presentations by scrolling in the browser.
Click any of these links to skip ahead:
- Add, duplicate, or remove slides
- Add views to presentation slides
- Adjust your view's visible fields
- Adjust a calendar view's visible date range
- Set the update frequency for Aha! views
- Choose a view's autofit settings
- Annotate slides
- Control slide header
- Deliver your presentation
Add, duplicate, or remove slides
Upon editing a presentation, there is an Add slide option at the top of the page. This button also appears within the slide editor. The Add slide button allows you to insert blank slides into your presentation.
In the slide editor, right-click on a preview slide on the left side of the screen to Add slide, Copy, Cut, Paste, or Delete a slide.
Presentation slides can be rearranged by dragging them to new locations on the slide preview pane located on the left side of the page. You can duplicate any slide by right-clicking on it and selecting Copy. Then, Paste the new slide wherever you like. Each presentation can have a maximum of 50 slides.
Note: By default, all presentations will include a title page. This page can be deleted on any presentation created after 7/11/2018. Presentations created prior to 7/11/2018 cannot have the title page deleted. Create a new presentation if you wish to exclude the title slide.
Add views to presentation slides
Almost every page in Aha! can be added to a presentation by adding one or more views to a slide. Views are snapshots that can be used to show exactly what appears in Aha! on a presentation slide with static data or live updates.
To add a view to a presentation slide while editing the slide:
- Create a presentation or open an existing presentation.
- Choose a slide and click Edit slide.
- Click the Add Aha! view button on the menu bar.
- Choose the functional area, then follow the steps to add the view that makes sense for your product(s).
The Add Aha! view button also allows you to add multiple views to a single slide of your presentation.
This enables teams to create single slides in their presentations that call attention to multiple Aha! views, such as highlighting a single important feature while discussing your overall features roadmap, as shown below.
To add multiple views, drag a view's borders to drag or resize it. Then, click Add Aha! view again, and arrange your views on the slide.
Adjust your view's visible fields
When you add the detail view for the following record types to a presentation, you can configure what fields to include in your presentation slide:
- Master features
Note: Depending on your workspace type, these record names may change slightly. For example, in marketing workspaces, features are called "activities."
To adjust your view in a slide, click the view, then click the Visible fields dropdown. This dropdown will show you the fields included in the record's layout, divided into their respective sections. Check or uncheck any box to show or hide a particular field.
Click the Refresh button to reload the view and see your changes.
Adjust a calendar view's visible date range
When you add a calendar view to a presentation, you can configure the date range to show in your presentation slide.
After you have added a calendar view, click it, then adjust the Date range selections. Click the Refresh button to reload the view and see your changes.
Set the update frequency for Aha! views
Some views in your presentation you might want as static images, while others you might want to update manually or automatically so that the presentation stays perpetually up-to-date. Each view in a presentation can have its own update frequency.
To do this, click on the Aha! view that you wish to update. From the Update frequency settings on the right sidebar select one of three update frequency options.
- Live update: Automatically updates the page every time the data is changed in Aha!
- Refresh on update: Only updates the page when the manual Update secure webpage button is clicked.
- Manual snapshot: Creates a static, point-in-time reference of the page.
Choose a view's autofit settings
You can also choose the Autofit setting for the selected view to specify how the view will handle data when it overflows the size of the container.
- Allow view to overflow container: When this is enabled, the view will grow larger as the content within the view increases.
- Shrink view to fit container: When this is enabled, the size of the container is fixed. As content within the view grows larger, the content will decrease in size to fit within the container.
Note: These settings affect the container (the dimensions of the view you added to the slide), not the slide itself. If the view's container overflows the slide's dimensions, the view will as well.
The annotation options are located along the top of each slide.
- Add text box: Allows the addition of free-form text to the slide.
- Add shape: Allows the addition of various shapes to the slide.
- Add image: Allows the addition of image attachments to be added to the slide.
After using any of the annotation options, you will be presented with up to three additional options on the right-hand sidebar.
- Style: Allows editing the border options for text boxes, shapes, and images as well as the fill configuration for text boxes and shapes.
- Text: Allows the configuration of text within text boxes. This includes options such as editing the font type, size, and typographical emphasis.
- Arrange: Allows changing the placement of text boxes, shapes, and images as well as the alignment, size, x/y positioning, rotation, and even creating groups of same-type annotation objects.
Control slide header
The slide header is enabled by default and will create a fixed header at the top of the slide. The fixed header means that the header will be persistent across the top of the page on vertically scrolling web presentation slides.
You can edit text in the header or remove it completely by unchecking the Enable slide header option.
Deliver your presentation
There are two ways to deliver an Aha! presentation — as a secure webpage or using presentation mode. Both presenting experiences maintain a 16:9 aspect ratio to ensure that your slides are viewed exactly as you had designed them, no matter the size of the viewer's monitor. Please note that in some scenarios, black bars may be shown on the right and left or bottom and top of the slides to maintain the 16:9 aspect ratio if the viewer's screen has a wider or taller ratio.
- Webpages should be used when sharing a link with someone who is viewing it without you present in the room.
- Presentation mode should be used when you are delivering the presentation to others in the same room as you. This option will show the slides in fullscreen mode, and you can access it with the new Present button within the presentation slide editor. In presentation mode, slide controls will disappear when not in use to keep the focus on the content of your presentation.