Aha! presentations make it easy to take the roadmaps and reports you built in Aha! and share them with your audience. You can add nearly any view in your Aha! account to a slide, customize your presentation, and then publish it as a secure webpage or PDF, depending on your needs.
Click any one of these links to skip ahead:
- Publish a secure webpage
- Use web presentation controls
- Configure your published presentation
- Embed your presentation in another webpage
- Notes on embedded presentations
Publish a secure webpage
Secure web presentations are externally accessible pages that allow your stakeholders to access the views in Aha! that you choose to share. Each page can have its own update method.
- Click on a slide within a presentation.
- Click the Aha! view located on the slide.
- Select one of these options from the View menu on the right sidebar:
- Live update: Automatically updates the page every time the data is changed in Aha!
- Refresh on update: Only updates the page when the manual Update secure webpage button is clicked.
- Manual snapshot: Creates a static, point-in-time reference of the page.
Use web presentation controls
While viewing a web presentation, the control options located in the bottom-right corner of the presentation navigate forward and backward, enable autoplay, access the table of contents, and toggle to view a fullscreen version of the presentation.
Configure your published presentation
The publishing configurations for your presentation are located under the Customize presentation option on the top-left of the page. The options include:
- Footer: The text entered here displays at the bottom of both web and PDF presentations.
- Slide transitions: Allows enabling and disabling of the page-flipping animation when transitioning between pages in a web presentation.
- Autoplay slide duration: The time in seconds between slide transitions during autoplay.
- Password: Enables password protection for the presentation. Users will be required to enter the password before accessing content within the presentation.
- Enhanced security: Allows toggling whether the presentation is visible publicly to anyone with access to the URL or if it is only available to Aha! users. Customers on the Enterprise+ plan will have the additional option of presentation SSO.
- Optimize for: Allows toggling whether the PDF presentation is optimized for viewing or printing. Optimizing for viewing removes page size constraints.
- Paper size: Defines the paper size to be used when the PDF is optimized for printing.
- Orientation: Choose between portrait or landscape orientation of pages within the PDF.
Embed your presentation in another webpage
There are several ways to embed a published presentation into another webpage:
- Include a link to your published presentation.
Make sure to use the URL from the Open secure webpage button. It will look something like the following example:
- Include your presentation in an iframe like the example below:
<iframe src="https://your-domain.aha.io/published/fd554ce954c03d2fa032a233f" style="width: 100%; height: 550px;" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" seamless="seamless"></iframe>
- Embed only a single presentation page on another webpage.
This option does not include any branding.
• First, select the Update secure webpage button to ensure everything is updated.
• Next, click the Open secure webpage button.
• From the presentation webpage, navigate to the slide you want to embed and right-click to inspect the live code. In Chrome, the menu option is called Inspect; in Firefox, it is called Inspect Element.
• Find the correct iframe element. There will be more than one iframe, so make sure you locate the correct one like the example below:
<iframe data-url="https://your-domain.aha.io/published/fd554ce954c03d2fa032a233f/snapshot/6119135030950" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" seamless=""></iframe>
• Replace data-url with src. The end result should look like this:
<iframe src="https://your-domain.aha.io/published/fd554ce954c03d2fa032a233f/snapshot/6119135030950" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" seamless=""></iframe>
You can also change the other attributes to properly fit the slide into your own webpage.
Keep in mind that frames are dynamically rendered onto the page, so you must use your browser's element inspector rather than viewing the full-page source. Secure URLs are unique and live with the presentation. This means that you can update the content of your presentation by clicking the Update secure webpage button and the URL will not change. When updating, you do not need to modify the page hosting your presentation.
Notes on embedded presentations
- Enterprise+ customers, please note that if you have enabled IP based access control, external users may be blocked when attempting to access the presentation from outside of the specified IP addresses.
- If you have enabled Enhanced presentation security, which requires that users log in to Aha! before accessing a presentation, then embedding a presentation in an iframe will not work. If users are not already logged into Aha!, they will see a blank page when attempting to view the iframe. For security reasons, Aha! does not allow the login page to appear inside an iframe.
- To allow the browser control that enables fullscreen to be used from within the iframe, the iframe tag needs another attribute like the following example:
<iframe src="https://your-domain.aha.io/published/fd554ce954c03d2fa032a233f/snapshot/6119135030950" style="width: 100%; height: 550px;" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe>