The Aha! dependency report shows you how work is related by visualizing complex record relationships in a single, customizable view. This is separate from the dependency map, which visualizes a single record's dependencies.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Create a dependency report
- Customize your dependency report
- Save your dependency report
- Share your dependency report
Create a dependency report
Navigate to Roadmaps > Dependency to access the dependency report. You will be prompted to select the record types you wish to visualize.
Note: The dependency report is hidden by default for new Aha! accounts. If you would like to enable them, you can do so by customizing your menu navigation.
Before you make selections here, it can be useful to think about how the Aha! report model works. Reports are built around relationships between record types, and the order you add related record types to your report matters. As you work through the dependency report builder, try experimenting with different record types, and see how it affects the report you create.
To create your dependency report, select data for it:
- Primary record type: Select the record type you would like to base your report around.
- Dependency type: Select the type of dependency you want to visualize.
- Dependent record type: Select the record type you want to visualize through dependencies that relate to the Primary record type.
- Workspace: Focus your data around a particular workspace or group of workspaces.
Click Save to create your report!
Customize your dependency report
After clicking Save, the dependency report will be populated based on the data you selected. If your primary records contain dependencies to multiple different record types, such as other features as well as goals and initiatives, the record type selected as your Dependent record type will be listed out. All other dependent records will be summarized as Other records.
With your dependencies visualized, you can add additional data through the Add column data button or add filters through the Add column filter button. This is a great way to add information, such as the status or release data of dependent records, as well as filter the information to only include records related to a key upcoming effort.
Note: You can add data to the report for both primary and dependent records.
Finally, you can choose to show or Hide other record counts by clicking the Customize view dropdown on the Dependent records column. If you show other record counts, the dependency report will display a count of records outside of your initial selection that also relate to your Primary record type, including links to access those records
Save your dependency report
Once you have your perfect report created, do not forget to save the report by clicking the Views dropdown on the top-right of the page. You can then share the report with others through the More options button located next to the Views dropdown.
Share your dependency report
With your dependency report completed, you can easily share it with your stakeholders by selecting one of the export options under the More options button on the top right of the screen.
- To fold your report into a presentation, select Add to presentation. In your presentation you can select the report's update frequency.
- To invite people outside of your Aha! account to view your report, select Share as webpage.
- For a static version of your report, select Save as image or Save as PDF.