Porter's 5 Forces is a tool used to analyze the competition of a business or industry. Use it to describe the existing marketplace and what alternative solutions might be available. Leverage from partners or buyers to help you better understand your existing market or to help you to assess the markets you are considering entering.
Aha! provides a Porter's 5 Forces template as part of the example templates available on the Strategy > Models page. Simply click Add model and select Porter's 5 Forces from the Example templates page.
With the Porter's 5 Forces template added, you are free to customize as you wish. Simply click Add component to add additional components to the template, drag and drop the existing components to rearrange the layout, or click on any component to edit the details.
While some teams may wish to fully customize the Porter's 5 Forces model to their specific needs, we also provide a template that includes standard components.
- Buyer power: How big is the market and what power do buyers have?
- Alternative solutions: What alternative ways can your customers solve their challenges?
- Existing competitors: How many competitors are there and how strong are they?
- New rivals: How easy or hard is it for new vendors to enter the market?
- Partner leverage: Are you dependent on partners and, if yes, how much leverage do they have?
Share your strategic model
As with every visual in Aha!, you can share your strategic model with others by clicking More options on the top-right corner to create an Aha! presentation, image, or PDF.