With the integrations 2.0 version of the Rally integration, teams can sync capacity estimates between Aha! and Rally for master features, features, and requirements. As with all development system integrations, you will need to be a Product Owner in Aha! to configure time tracking for your Rally integration.
How it works
First, you need to have capacity planning enabled in Aha! This is done through Settings > Product > Configure by enabling Planning at the bottom of the page.
If you had capacity planning enabled prior to setting up your Rally integration, the time tracking mappings will already be preconfigured with our default recommendations.
If you did not have capacity planning enabled prior to setting up your Rally integration, you will need to go to Settings > Product and edit your integration's field mappings to incorporate the time tracking fields.
You will then be able to set your integration mappings for master features, features, and requirements to include the Aha! Time tracking fields. Linking these fields for all three record types gives you the flexibility to set the estimate at the right level for each work item.
And don't worry — if you are configuring time tracking with an existing integration, you can use the Update records functionality to pull your estimates from Rally into Aha! for your existing integrated records.
When configuring the time tracking field mappings, you will notice various options for each field. The recommended default mapping is to use the Record only fields for the Aha! side of the field mapping.
This option accounts for how Aha! aggregates the estimates from requirements to the feature when performing estimations at the requirement level.
- When the feature has requirements: The feature level estimate is not synced to Rally because the estimate is calculated and not explicitly defined at the feature level.
- When the feature has no requirements: The feature level estimate is synced to Rally because the estimate is explicitly defined at the feature level.
The alternative is the including estimates calculated from requirements option. This sends the calculated value for records in Aha! when the parent record's estimate is based on the calculated total of the estimates of associated child records.
- Percent done by story count: This Rally side field allows sending the percent completion values from the calculated field on Rally portfolio items. This should be mapped to a custom number field in Aha!
- Percent done by story plan estimate: This Rally side field allows sending the percent completion values from the calculated field on Rally portfolio items. This should be mapped to a custom number field in Aha!
- Preliminary estimate: This Rally side field allows sending the t-shirt sizing preliminary estimate from Rally portfolio items to Aha! This field should be mapped to a predefined choice list type custom field in Aha! so that you can map the Rally options to specific options in Aha!