Column charts are two-dimensional charts that visualize your roadmap to let you easily compare data. They are especially useful in situations where you want to:
- display the number of features delivered per release.
- present the number of ideas in each workflow status.
- visualize how many features have been delivered against each product component each quarter.
To learn how to create a column chart in Aha!, follow the three-step process below.
Step 1. Create a pivot report
The first step is to create a pivot report. This is where you select the data to display in the chart and format it in a way that automatically converts to a column chart.
- On the main menu, select Reports > Pivot.
- Click Add report.
- In the Create a new pivot report window, select:
- Create a custom pivot report, or
- choose a report example from the list on the right.
Step 2. Choose data columns and filters
Now, you can choose the columns and filters to display in the column chart. It is important to remember that all data displayed will be in relation to the first data table you add.
In the below example, ideas were added first. The product and feature tables were added second. This is visualized by them being indented beneath the idea table. This means any product or feature data displayed would be displayed in relation to ideas. If you choose to show feature names, for example, only features related to an idea would be displayed.
- On the report page, click Add data icon in the top-left corner.
- In the Select Data for Pivot table window, click Add columns. Select the columns to display in the chart.
Important: When you select the first column, future selections will change based on the first selection. This ensures that your table has valid data objects that can be pivoted against each other. Refer to "Create a pivot table" for more details.
- Select what you want to display in the chart:
- The data in the Rows section determines the grouping of the cell value bars.
- The data in the Columns section is used to group the cell data along the horizontal axis.
- The data in the Cells section will be counted along the vertical axis.
- Click Done.
- If you want to add a filter:
- Click the Add filter button.
- Select the filters, and then click Set filter.
- Click Update report.
Step 3. Convert the report to a column chart
After you have selected your data, you can convert the report to a column chart and customize the formatting.
- On the report page, click the Chart data button, and then click the Customize view button.
- In the Chart Editor window, click on the Charts tab.
- Select Column, and then choose a layout.
- Click OK.
- If you want to: