Follow the instructions in this article to learn how to change the domain name of your Aha! account. You can do this at any time, as long as the domain name is not already in use. If the desired name is not available, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can help.
Before you change the domain name, we recommend that all users be logged out of your Aha! account. This will prevent users from receiving error messages in their current sessions.
It is important to note that changing your domain name impacts the following areas of the system:
- External links or bookmarks to Aha! data objects: All bookmarks and saved links need to be updated.
- Links to Aha! Notebooks: All bookmarks and saved links need to be updated.
- Single Sign-On (SSO): If SSO is enabled, it needs to be modified to work with the new domain.
- Webhooks: All webhooks being used by third-party engineering tool integrations must be updated to include the new domain name in order for Aha! to continue receiving updates. This includes Jira, Rally, and TFS/VSTS.
- Jira links: Links that display in Jira in the Aha! Reference ID field will be pointing to the original Aha! domain, so they will not work. Your data, however, will still stay in sync.
The following areas will not be impacted by a domain name change:
- The Aha! application and data within
- Ideas portals
How to change your domain name
- Go to Settings > Account > Profile.
- Type your new domain name in the Custom domain field.
- Click Update account profile.