Slack provides a group chat platform for agile teams, making it easy to keep distributed teams in sync and productive through real-time sharing of information and integration with third party systems. You can automatically send some or all your team's activity in Aha! to Slack through this integration, including integration activity.
By customizing which strategy, release, idea and feature updates you stream, everyone in the channel can focus on what matters most. Example streams could include tracking product launches on Releases, or tracking team comments on key Features.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
|Required user permissions:
|Required user permissions:
You can configure this integration either at the account- or workspace-level. To create it, navigate to:
- Settings ⚙️ > Account > Integrations for an account-level integration. You will need to be an administrator to do this.
- Settings ⚙️ > Workspace > Integrations for a workspace-level integration. You will need to be a workspace owner to do this.
An account-level Slack integration allows you to send an activity stream from Aha! to Slack for every workspace in your Aha! account.
Note: Sending activity out of Aha! and into Slack bypasses the Aha! security controls in. Anyone who has access to your Slack account will be able to see your Aha! activity, regardless of whether they have access to that information as part of your Aha! account.
- If you want Aha! activity to appear in a new Slack channel, create that channel in Slack.
- Create your integration at either the account- or workspace-level.
- Click on the Add to Slack button. This will take you to Slack to choose which channel Aha! activities should appear in.
Note: You will be able to select from a list of existing channels, so if you would like activity to appear in a new channel, you must create that in Slack first.
- Select Authorize on this page once the desired channel is selected. You will be returned to Aha! and a confirmation of the channel selected will now be present on the screen.
- Click the Test Connection button. After a short delay you should see a message appear in your Slack client in the channel you selected.
- Customize the channel by selecting the activities that will be sent to your Slack channel. This step is optional, but recommended.
- Select the Aha! users for which activity will be picked up and sent to Slack. By default, this is everyone.
- Enable the integration.
- Consider renaming this integration with your slack channel name for easy future reference. Perhaps something like: "Slack: #customers." You can do this by clicking the Slack text in the heading of the page.
Manage your integration
If you have multiple Slack integrations that you need to manage, use the Manage integrations report, located in:
- Settings ⚙️ > Account > Integrations for account-level integrations.
- Settings ⚙️ > Workspace > Integrations for workspace-level integrations.
To help you troubleshoot an error, we provide detailed integration logs below the integration's configuration page.
Note: All activity waits 5 minutes before posting to Slack. This is to keep communication concise and avoid excessive messaging when a user is performing multiple edits at once.
Still stuck? Contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to help.