Slack provides a group chat platform for agile teams, making it easy to keep distributed teams in sync and productive through real-time sharing of information and integration with third party systems. You can automatically send all product activity in Aha! (or subset) to Slack through this integration (It will send the same information that you see in your own activity stream in Aha!, including integration activity).
By customizing which strategy, release, idea and feature updates you stream, everyone in the channel can focus on what matters most. Example streams could include tracking product launches on Releases, or tracking team comments on key Features.
This is fantastic if you want a larger cross-functional team to be notified of key product decisions or events. Configure the integration under Settings -> Account -> Integrations. You can choose to create one or many integrations at the account or product level. If you create it at the account level it will send the activity stream for every product. So, you can maintain greater control if you set it up by product. It's up to you.
You need to be an admin in your Aha! account to create an integration at the account level and only a product owner to create one at the product level.
WARNING: Sending activity out of Aha! and into Slack bypasses the security controls in Aha! Anyone who has access to your Slack channel will be able to see the activity, regardless of whether they have access to that information in Aha!
You need an Aha! account and a Slack account to create this integration.
- Click on the Add to Slack button. This will take you to Slack to choose which channel Aha! activities should appear in. You will be able to select from a list of existing channels, so if you would like activity to appear in a new channel, you must create that in Slack first.
- Select Authorize on this page once the desired channel is selected. You will be returned to Aha! and a confirmation of the channel selected will now be present on the screen.
- Click the Test Connection button. After a short delay you should see a message appear in your Slack client in the channel you selected.
- Customize the channel by selecting the activities that will be sent to your Slack channel. (Recommended)
- Select the Aha! users for which activity will be picked up and sent to Slack. (Default is everyone). In this case, "users" refers to the group of users performing actions in Aha!
- Enable the integration.
- Consider renaming this integration with your slack channel name for easy future reference. Perhaps something like: "Slack: #customers." You can do this by clicking the Slack text in the heading of the page.
Note: All activity waits 5 minutes before posting to Slack. This is to keep communication concise and avoid excessive messaging when a user is performing multiple edits at once.
To help you troubleshoot an error, we give you direct access to the detailed integration logs on the configuration screen. Contact us at email@example.com if you need further help.