Aha! is the place where you lay out your strategy, define your roadmap and manage all of the work that goes into realizing your strategic goals. Slack provides a group chat platform for teams, making it easy for everyone to stay in sync and productive through real-time sharing of information. These Slack conversations can often cover everything from new ideas to key deliverable items team members need to complete.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
|Required user permissions: Configuration|
|Required user permissions: Use integration|
Use Slack commands to create:
How it works
Workspace owners and contributors can create records directly from Slack using the following commands:
- /aha initiative [Initiative name]
- /aha release [Release name]
- /aha epic [Epic name]
- /aha feature [Feature name]
- /aha idea [Idea name]
- /aha to-do [To-do name] or /aha todo [To-do name]
Note: to-dos can be created by any user with Aha! access.
Reviewers are also able to create ideas directly from Slack using the idea command:
- /aha idea [Idea name]
Typing the /aha command will kick off the record creation flow. For records that need to belong in a specific workspace or release you will subsequently be prompted to select the correct workspace or release to create the record in.
- Navigate to Settings ⚙️ > Account and click on the Integrations+ button and select the Slack [to Aha!] integration. You will need to be an administrator to do this.
- Within the integration configuration, simply click the Add to Slack button. This will take you to Slack where you can chose which Slack Team you want to connect to.
- You will be redirected back to Aha! where you can click the Enable check box to finalize the setup and turn the integration on.
- Once enabled, each user that types /aha in Slack will be asked to authenticate to their Aha! account. Afterwards, they will be able to begin creating records through the various /aha commands.
Manage your integration
If you have multiple Slack integrations that you need to manage, use the Manage integrations report, located in:
- Settings ⚙️ > Account > Integrations for account-level integrations.
- Settings ⚙️ > Workspace > Integrations for workspace-level integrations.
To help you troubleshoot an error, we provide detailed integration logs below the integration's configuration page.
Still stuck? Contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to help.