- Users can now copy and move Strategy -> Goals, Initiatives, Personas, and Competitors to other products. This is done by clicking on the Actions menu in the drawer page for any of these objects where you'll find the copy and move menu options. Clicking on either option will open a window allowing you to indicate which product it should be copied/moved to. A few details on the implementation to be aware of are as follows:
- Move actions will not include the following data for goals and initiatives:
- Links to the rollup goals/initiatives
- Links to releases
- Links to goals/initiatives that are not available in the new product
- Custom fields which are not available in the new product
- Links to integrated records
- Copy actions will copy most data with the following exceptions:
- Watchers are not copied. The person performing the copy action is added as the only initial watcher.
- Comments are not included as part of the copied object.
- Goals and initiatives will not include linked goals/initiatives, releases, and features.
- A confirmation message appears at the top of the screen after performing either action.
- Our newest update to the Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) integrations make it easy to create and save integration configuration templates. This capability was initially launched for JIRA followed by Rally and is now available for our TFS and VSTS integration customers. This is a big set up time saver for companies that have a large portfolio of products consisting of many TFS/VSTS projects. Now you set up integration templates once and reuse them for setting up integrations across your portfolio of products. Key aspects of the setup are as follows:
- TFS/VSTS integration configurations are earmarked as templates by clicking on the Actions -> Use as a template checkbox.
- Click on the same Actions menu when creating a new integration and select the template you wish to use.
- Once a configuration template is applied to a new integration, select which mappings should adhere to the template settings and uncheck those that need to be customized.
- The implementation of universal dependencies which allows for creating and visualizing relationships between the various data objects has been updated to now include goals in addition to the already supported initiatives, releases, release phases, release milestones, features, and ideas.
- You can now drill into Custom table records (available to Enterprise+ customers) when including them in reports. Click on the custom table "name" field (i.e. the first one listed in the table) displayed in the report to open the drawer page containing all the custom table information for that value.
- The Settings -> Account -> Custom fields and Custom field layout pages have been reorganized for improved navigation. Each of the record types -- Products, Personas, Competitors, Goals, Initiatives, Releases, Ideas, and Features -- are now represented as individual tabs for adding and managing custom fields and custom field layouts.
- Data columns in the Add New Column and Add New Filter modals for reports and filters respectively are now ordered in alphabetical order making it easier to find the values you are looking for.
- The Feature start date column has been added to the Feature table and is available for reporting and filtering views.
- A Requirement search field has been added to the Filter by Requirement table allowing for search based requirement result sets.
- The REST API documentation page has improved styling and all content is up to date and as descriptive as possible to aid with ease of use.
- The interactive dependency map was not working with Master Releases. This has been corrected.
- Font colors in the Settings -> Configure idea portals tabs were incorrectly displaying in blue instead of black. This has been corrected.
- Updates to idea portal SSO configurations sometimes resulted in displaying an incorrect dialogue box which has been resolved.
- Sending feature and requirement updates to Pivotal Tracker resulted in appending "requirement of..." to the story description with each update. This has been corrected.