Feature cards display the key details needed to help you easily navigate through your work items. They can include feature name, assignee, due date, goal/initiative names, custom fields, and many others.
Feature card designs are completely customizable. This article explains how to design feature cards so you can quickly scan and locate your features.
Depending on your Aha! implementation, you may call feature cards by other names. Marketers may prefer to call these "activities," for example, or your product team may prefer "user stories." Regardless of what you call them you can customize the cards the same way.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
Customize your feature cards
To customize the feature cards that appear on your user profile, navigate to Features > Board and click the Customize cards icon. You can also customize cards for the workflow board located at Features > Workflow. These configurations will be unique to you and will not impact others on your team.
Clicking the Customize cards icon will launch the Customize feature and master feature cards modal window, which has many options to set up your feature cards:
- Choose from any of the data fields that you may have added for your product, including custom fields. To add these elements onto the card, simply drag and drop them onto the card preview.
- Add an image to your feature or master feature cards by checking the Show card image box. The card's image will be an image of the first attachment on the card.
- Toggle between Expanded view or Collapsed view to customize the design for the expanded feature card or the collapsed feature card.
- If you have master features enabled within your product, you can customize the master feature cards as well. Just click on the Master feature card tab to create the layout you prefer for both collapsed and expanded views.
- Master features and features can be displayed together on the same board by enabling the Show master features setting. When this setting is enabled, the master feature name and reference ID will appear in a tab above the feature card.
Set a default feature card
You can also set a default layout in your product settings that everyone on your team can use. To customize the default card that is set for everyone in your organization, navigate to Settings > Product > Configure > Customize cards. This setting will allow you to customize the default feature card for your product. Or, if you prefer, the feature card design can be inherited from the parent product line.
You must be an owner with customization permissions to configure the default feature card appearance.