Issue: HipChat error: Remote error for 'installed': Unhandled error: STATUS=401 BODY=
Cause: When integrating with HipChat you must carefully follow the instructions. This error is caused by using the wrong kind of API token.
Solution: You need to be sure to use the token as described in the install instructions as Hipchat has two different types of tokens. Ensure you are on the tokens tab under Rooms and not the API screen.
For convenience, here are the integration instructions. They are also found in your integration screen in Aha!
Configure a room in HipChat
- In HipChat, go to the administration web interface. On the Rooms screen choose the room you want Aha! activity to be sent to.
- Go to the Tokens sub-menu.
- Create a new token and name it Aha.
- Copy the value of the new token, you will need this in the Aha! configuration below.
Create the integration in Aha!
- Enter the token from step 4 above into the Auth token field.
- Enter the name of the room from step 1 into the Room name field. You must enter the room name exactly as it appears in HipChat.
- Click the Test connection button. After a short delay you should see a message appear in your HipChat client in the room you selected.
- Enable the integration.
- Consider renaming this integration with your HipChat room name for easy future reference. Perhaps something like: "HipChat: Customers." You can do this by clicking the HipChat text in the heading of this page.