The Import from UserVoice tool allows you to take feedback from UserVoice and import it into Aha! as ideas. This helps you to connect feedback from UserVoice to the strategy and planning efforts that you are managing in your Aha! account.
The following information is imported:
- Idea name
- Idea status
- Portal users
- Idea votes
- Idea comments
Setup the import
- Navigate to Settings > Product > Import from UserVoice.
- Choose the product that the UserVoice ideas will be imported to.
- Choose the ideas portal that the UserVoice ideas will be imported to.
- Enter your UserVoice credentials. Note: the UserVoice domain field just needs your domain; you can omit the ".uservoice.com" part of the URL.
- Click the Test connection button to connect Aha! to UserVoice.
- Configure field mapping between UserVoice suggestion statuses and Aha! idea statuses. You can configure Aha! with custom statuses to match what you have in UserVoice - or you can map the existing UserVoice statuses to new Aha! statuses.
- Click the Import button to complete the import.
- This import is intended to shift information from UserVoice to Aha! — with the idea being that your Aha! ideas portal will be your only ideas portal going forward. If you complete this import more than once, you risk duplicating ideas that exist in both imports, as UserVoice ideas have no reference ID or equivalent unique identifier that Aha! can use to recognize and avoid duplicates.
- When you import UserVoice ideas into Aha!, the ideas will all be set as private. You can use the Ideas > List screen in Aha! to bulk edit the ideas and change their visibility after they have been imported.
- Aha! will only import new users. This is to keep Aha! from importing duplicate users, if it determines that a UserVoice user already exists as an Aha! user.
- When users are imported Aha! does not automatically send out an invite email. This allows you to import ideas with their associated users and not email every user at the same time of the import. Your users will exist in Aha!, however, so they can access your portal and do a password reset to access the ideas within your Aha! ideas portal.
- Votes which are anonymous are not copied to Aha! because we cannot associate them with a user. This can happen when a user deleted themselves from UserVoice after placing a vote.