This two-way integration allows you to push features and requirements from Aha! into the on-premise Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015 and receive updates back in Aha! from TFS.
If your team is using the cloud version through Visual Studio Online/Team Services (VSO/VSTS), please refer to our VSO integration document.
Note that you will need to create a firewall exception in order for Aha! to communicate with your on-premise TFS server. See the IP Whitelist doc article for help.
As with all Aha! development tool integrations, it is important to understand that Aha! comes first in the process. Planning is done in Aha!, then the features, requirements and releases are sent from Aha! to your development tool when the product team is ready for development to take over.
- Authentication with TFS is done using NTLM.
- One Aha! product is associated with one TFS project *.
- A feature can be sent to the TFS server using the Send to Team Foundation Server item in the Action menu on the features page.
- Requirements are sent to TFS together with the feature.
- Only the name, description and attachments of features and requirements are sent.
- If you set up a subscription in TFS the integration can receive updates about name changes, description changes or status changes.
- The mapping of TFS states to Aha! workflow statuses is configurable.
You need to be Product Owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
To configure this integration, first add the integration in Aha! under Settings -> Product -> Integrations.
- Enter the URL of your TFS server, including the collection name, but without a trailing slash.
- Enter your TFS username and password.
- Click the Test connection button.
- On success, you should be able to choose which project to integrate with. You also must select an area of this project where features and requirements should be created.
- Select the workitemtype to which features should be mapped. Then select for each TFS state to which Aha! workflow status it should be mapped.
- Repeat step 5 for requirements.
- Enable the integration and test it by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send to Team Foundation Server item in the Action menu.
- The feature should now appear in your TFS project together with its requirements.
If you want to be able to receive updates from TFS you must setup a subscription.
- Copy the Webhook URL from the Aha! configuration page.
- In your TFS account, go to the project you want to integrate with.
- Click the small cog in the top right corner to go to the settings.
- Click on the Service Hooks tab.
- Add a new service hook by clicking the green plus.
- Choose the Web Hooks service and click Next.
- Choose the Work item updated trigger from the dropdown menu. You can leave the filters unchanged and click Next.
- In the Action settings, paste the Webhook URL from Aha! into the URL field.
- Press Finish to create the subscription.
* Note: You can add the integration multiple times if you want to integrate multiple projects with a single Aha! product. Once you have added an integration, you may change the title to specify the project this integration belongs to by clicking on the title at the top of the integration set-up page. You can also create a separate integration for each of your Aha! products, and have each integration point to just one TFS project.