Your business model represents the foundational elements of your product. The Aha! business model canvas is based on our cumulative experience building products and software companies. It allows you to clearly articulate, develop, innovate, and pivot your business model — all on a single page. Use it to create your initial business model or perfect an existing one. It allows you to capture components, such as your key objectives, customer challenges, and solutions.
The Aha! business model canvas template is one of the example templates available on the Strategy > Models page. Simply click Add model and select Aha! Business Model Canvas from the Example templates modal.
With the Aha! business model canvas added, you are free to customize as you wish. Simply click Add component to add additional components to the template, drag and drop the existing components to rearrange the layout, or click on any component to edit the details.
While some teams may wish to fully customize the business model to their specific needs, we also provide a template that includes our recommended components. These are based on our cumulative experience building products and software companies.
- Description: Basic introduction to your business model
- Key objectives: Top goals and how you measure them
- Customer targets: Types of customers who purchase your solution
- Customer challenges: Pain points of your customers
- Our solution: Primary way that you solve your customer's challenges
- Our value: Core elements of your solution that make it unique and differentiated
- Our pricing: How you package your solution and what it will cost
- Our messaging: Clear and compelling copy that explains why your solution is worth buying
- Go-to-market: Strategy used to market and sell to your customers
- Investment required: Costs needed to make the solution a success
- Growth opportunity: Ways that you will grow the business
Share your business model
As with every visual in Aha!, you can share your business model with others by clicking More options on the top-right corner to create an Aha! presentation, image, or PDF.