The Reports > Pivot and Reports > Custom pages are used for communicating important roadmap information pertaining to strategy, releases, features, ideas, timelines, status, and more. You can save commonly used reports for yourself and your team or share them with other stakeholders by adding them to Aha! Notebooks. Views built in both of these reports are highly customizable in their content and display.
Display customization options include creating custom color themes; assigning colors to data objects for improved visual display; and formatting options for pivot table swimlanes, cell text wrapping, and timeline bar formats. Each of these customizations is managed by clicking the Customize view button.
Themes change the visual layout of the table and enable different sets of colors to be used when colorizing data on the table. Three standard themes are provided, including:
- Default: Light default row, column, and cell shading with a neutral palette of colors to choose from when customizing.
- Plain: No row, column, or cell shading with a bold palette of colors to choose from when customizing
- Powder: Darker default row, column, and cell shading with a neutral palette of colors to choose from when customizing.
The fourth theme option is the creation of your own custom theme.
The pivot and timeline reports can be custom branded through the creation of color themes aligned with color schemes defined in company style guides. To do so, select Custom in the Theme dropdown and choose colors using the color picker or enter custom hex codes for the following:
- Table Border
- Header Background
- Header Text
- Header Cell Border
- Cell Background
- Cell Border
- Cell Text
- Headings Background
- Headings Text
The Color by setting (shown above) for pivot and timeline reports allows you to select which data objects to color based on the data available in your table. A common use case is coloring records by status.
Click on the Color by dropdown to choose a data object. Current values for that object will display with assigned default colors. Click on a color to customize the color selection using the color palette, or enter a custom hex code per company branding color schemes.
The following is an example report using a custom theme where each feature is colored by feature status.
Note: The Color by feature uses the default colors for data objects, such as products, initiatives, goals, and workflow status. You can adjust them for each report, but if you find you are constantly doing this, you may wish to revisit the configuration and change the colors.
- Show column headings: Display column header names on the pivot table.
- Show row headings: Display row header names on pivot table or timeline reports.
- Show cell headings: Include cell headers on your pivot reports. This allows for showing cell headers and also enables doing calculations — total/average/min/max/count— within individual cells on rows and columns.
- Use swimlanes: This option will place the heading for the first data object in rows as the header across the top of the data. This is useful if the table is long and you wish to make it easier to read.
- Allow table cells to wrap: This allows text wrapping to help limit the width of cells when displaying large amounts of information, such as the full descriptions of features.
- Bar view: This option is available for the timeline report and allows you to toggle between having each bar on a single line or a compact view with multiple bars on the same line as space permits.
- Bar size: This option is available for the timeline report and allows you to toggle between having thin bars with the text above the bar or thick bars with the text inside the bar. Small objects, such as milestones or short duration features, will still display text next to the bar.