The Roadmaps > List page is your go-to tool for creating custom list reports in Aha! using any combination of over 100 different data objects. With the list report, you can add column headers for every data object, then filter and sort the data to present different perspectives on your product management environment.
How to create a list report
The easiest way to start working with lists is to select from one of our example reports located on the Roadmaps > List page. To access the example reports, click the More options button, then select Related views. The list of example reports includes our most commonly used reports, which can be a great starting point for creating your own custom report.
If you already have an idea of what you would like to report on, follow these steps to create your own custom report from scratch.
Choose your data columns and filters
1) Click on the Add data icon on the toolbar to add additional data columns to your report. The order in which you add data is important. In the screenshot below, features were added first, which means all other data in the report is added as related records to features. The record name is automatically added for each level that's added to the report.
This configuration will list only initiatives that are related to features. It will not display initiatives that do not include features since the feature data is primary in this example report.
2) Add filters as necessary by clicking the Add filter icon on the toolbar. If you are looking to only display data for a specific product or set of products in your accounts, try setting up a filter with the option Filter by Product. Filters are searchable to allow you to find specific details without scrolling through long lists.
Customize your report
After adding all of the data columns to the list table that you want to display, you can reorganize the columns, sort the data within the columns, and rename the column headers.
To sort your data by a specific column, hover on the column header and click the more details button. Then, select from one of the sort options in the dropdown. You can also sort multiple columns by clicking the Sort data icon in the top-left corner. This will allow you to sort columns based on multiple values, such as alphabetically by feature status and feature name.
List reports can be customized further in the following ways:
- To reorganize the columns, click on the column header and drag it to the desired location on your report.
- To change the name of your column headers, select the text within the column header to begin editing the name.
- To add a column, delete a column, or add a calculation column, hover on the column header, choose the more details button, then select an action.
Chart your data
After you have organized your data, navigate to Roadmaps > Charts to create beautiful visualizations and charts from the report you just created.
Update your data
You can make updates to your data directly in a list report by clicking the record name you wish to edit. The detail drawer will expand making it easy to edit a record in the context of your report. After making your changes, simply refresh the page to see your changes in the list report.
When you have more than a handful of records to update, it is better to bulk edit them.
Save list views
To save your current view, click the Views dropdown on the top right corner of the page and select Save view. When you save a view, you will have the option to name it, choose who you wish to share your saved view with, and select if others can edit the view. The Views dropdown lets you access any view you have ever saved.
Publish list views
You should always save your list prior to publishing in an Aha! notebook. This ensures you can access the list and edit it in the future without having to also change what page is referenced in your notebook.
Once you have a useful view, you can share it with your internal or external stakeholders through a notebook or save it for future working sessions. To share your list, simply click More options and add it to a new or existing notebook.
Export list views
In addition to notebooks, users have four other options for exporting a list report:
- Export to CSV
- Export to Excel
- Save as image
- Save as PDF
To export the list in any of these formats, click the More options button located in the upper right area of the page. Exporting to a CSV or Excel file can be useful when you need to work offline (you can import from CSV to update data later). The image and PDF export options are useful if you wish to publish the content elsewhere, such as a PowerPoint document or an internal wiki.