The Roadmaps > List page is your go-to tool for creating custom list reports in Aha! using any combination of over 100 different data objects. With the list report, you can add column headers for every data object, then filter and sort the data to present different perspectives on your Aha! environment.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- How to create a list report
- Choose your data columns and filters
- Customize your report
- Chart your data
- Update your data
- Save list views
- Share your list report
How to create a list report
The easiest way to start working with lists is to select from one of our example reports located on the Roadmaps > List page. To access the example reports, click the More options button, then select Related views. The list of example reports includes our most commonly used reports, which can be a great starting point for creating your own custom report.
If you already have an idea of what you would like to report on, follow these steps to create your own custom report from scratch.
- Navigate to Roadmaps > List.
- Click Create a new report.
- Click Create a custom list report.
- Select your Primary record type. The Aha! record type you select here will determine the structure of the report. For example, if you select Ideas, all other data in the report is added as related records to ideas.
Choose your data columns and filters
- Click on the Add data icon on the toolbar to add additional data columns to your report. The record name is automatically added for each level that's added to the report.
- Add filters as necessary by clicking the Add filter icon on the toolbar. If you are looking to only display data for a specific workspace in your account, try setting up a filter with the option Filter by Workspace. Filters are searchable to allow you to find specific details without scrolling through long lists. You can also filter columns by blank (or not blank) values, or use advanced filters to apply logical strings to your filters.
Customize your report
After adding all of the data columns to the list table that you want to display, you can reorganize the columns, sort the data within the columns, and rename the column headers.
To sort your data by a specific column, hover on the column header and click the More details button. Then, select from one of the sort options in the dropdown. You can also sort multiple columns by clicking the Sort data icon in the top-left of the report. This will allow you to sort columns based on multiple values, such as alphabetically by record status and record name.
List reports can be customized further in the following ways:
- To reorganize the columns, click on the column header and drag it to the desired location on your report.
- To change the name of your column headers, select the text within the column header to begin editing the name.
- To modify the width of a column, drag the edge of the column header to the desired size.
- To add a column, delete a column, or add a calculation column, hover on the column header, choose the More details button, then select an action.
Chart your data
After you have organized your data, navigate to Roadmaps > Charts to create beautiful visualizations and charts from the report you just created.
Update your data
You can make updates to your data directly in a list report by clicking the record name you wish to edit. The detail drawer will expand making it easy to edit a record in the context of your report. After making your changes, simply refresh the page to see your changes in the list report.
When you have more than a handful of records to update, it is better to bulk edit them.
Save list views
To save your current view, click the Views dropdown on the top right corner of the page and select Save view. When you save a view, you will have the option to name it, choose who you wish to share your saved view with, and select if others can edit the view. The Views dropdown lets you access any view you have ever saved.
Share your list report
With your list report completed, you can easily share it with your stakeholders by selecting one of the export options under the More options button on the top right of the screen.
- To fold your report into a presentation, select Add to presentation. In your presentation you can select the report's update frequency.
- To invite people outside of your Aha! account to view your report, select Share as webpage.
- To export your report for further analysis, select Export to Excel or Export to CSV. You can import from CSV to update data later.
- For a static version of your report, select Save as image or Save as PDF.