If it's not possible for you to integrate Aha! with one of our existing integrations, and you do not wish to use the Aha! API or create an integration with webhooks, you can shift your data between Aha! and your development tool manually.
In general, the workflow looks like this:
- Export records from Aha!
- Import records into your development tool
- Export status from your development tool
- Import status into Aha!
- Create saved views to update both Aha! and your development tools
- Export from Aha! and import to your development tool
- Export to Aha! from your development tool
Create saved views to update both Aha! and your development tools
First, create a saved view in Aha! for the purpose of exporting features and requirements that will be imported to your development tool. To do this, use the Features > List page.
We recommend including:
- Release / Schedule
- Reference # (required)
- Feature name / Activity name (required)
- Requirement name (if you want to include requirements)
- Requirement description (if you want to include requirements)
Within the Features > List page, you will use four key capabilities:
- Add data fields as columns by clicking Customize view ⚙️> Edit data.
- Filter your list. Hover over the filters bar and click Add filters + to add a quick basic filter, or click the Edit filters icon to add advanced filters.
- Save your view by clicking the Save button.
- Export the list as a CSV through the Share menu button on the top right of the page.
Export from Aha! and import to your development tool
When you are ready to export from the Aha! side, simply click the Save to CSV option from the Share menu button. Import this file into your development system.
Note: You may have to adjust the exported CSV file to fit your development tool's import requirements.
Export to Aha! from your development tool
To import back to the Aha! side, you only need to include the Reference ID, Name, and the Status. The Reference ID is required because it links the feature status to the correct feature (or activity) in Aha! so it can be properly updated. When you import, you must map any CSV headers with the Aha! import headers. Import headers are stricter than export headers, so most will not be identical.
To import to the Aha! side, use the Import from CSV option on the Settings ⚙️> Workspace page.