If it's not possible for you to integrate Aha! with one of our existing integrations you can easily create a manual workflow. In general the workflow looks like this:
- Export features and requirements -> Import to development
- Export status from development -> Import status to Aha!
To create an easy to follow workflow, create a saved list that you can reuse for each release and follow the process we recommend below.
Create saved views to easily update both Aha! and your development tools
First, create a saved view in Aha! for the purpose of exporting features and requirements that will be imported to your development tool. To do this you'll use the Features List view.
We recommend including:
- Reference # (required)
- Feature name (required)
- Requirement name (if you have them)
- Requirement description
Within the Features > List view, you will use four key capabilities:
- Adding data fields as columns (First green option on left side)
- Filtering to create your list (Second green option on left side)
- Saving your new list view for future use (Top left option)
- Saving as a CSV file (Top right corner)
They are highlighted on the screenshot below.
Export from Aha! and import to your development tool
When you are ready to export from Aha!, simply click the Save to CSV button. Use this file to import into your development system.
Export to Aha! from your development tool
To import back to Aha! you only need to include the 'Reference ID' , 'name' and the 'Status' are required. The 'Reference ID' is required because it links the feature status to the correct feature in Aha! so it can be properly updated. When you import, you must map any CSV headers with the Aha! import headers (import headers are stricter than export headers so most will not be identical).
To import to Aha! use the Import from CSV option on the Settings > Product page.