If it's not possible for you to integrate Aha! with one of our existing integrations, you can easily create a manual workflow. In general, the workflow looks like this:
- Export features and requirements → Import to development
- Export status from development → Import status to Aha!
To create an easy-to-follow workflow, create a saved list that you can reuse for each release and follow the process outlined below.
Create saved views to easily update both Aha! and your development tools
First, create a saved view in Aha! for the purpose of exporting features and requirements that will be imported to your development tool. To do this, use the Features > List page.
We recommend including:
- Reference # (required)
- Feature name (required)
- Requirement name (if you have them)
- Requirement description
Within the Features > List page, you will use four key capabilities:
- Adding data fields as columns through the Add data icon on the top left
- Filtering to create your list through the Add filter icon
- Saving your new list view for future use through the Views dropdown
- Exporting the list as a CSV through the More options button on the top right of the page
Export from Aha! and import to your development tool
When you are ready to export from the Aha! side, simply click the Save to CSV option from the More options button. Use this file to import into your development system.
Export to Aha! from your development tool
To import back to the Aha! side, you only need to include the Reference ID, Name, and the Status. The Reference ID is required because it links the feature status to the correct feature in Aha! so it can be properly updated. When you import, you must map any CSV headers with the Aha! import headers. Import headers are stricter than export headers, so most will not be identical.
To import to the Aha! side, use the Import from CSV option from the More options button on the Settings > Product page.