One task that every product manager has to do at some point is create a roadmap of upcoming functionality. Aha! provides multiple ways to create beautiful roadmaps and then share your roadmaps with your team.
The Reports > Roadmaps > Custom is the most powerful way to visualize dates in Aha! It allows users to completely customize what is being displayed and then share their custom timeline report with the team through a notebook.
You can use the Reports > Roadmaps > Custom to visualize dates for your:
- Strategic initiatives
You can even visualize custom date fields you add to any of these objects!
How it works
The easiest way to get started with the Reports > Roadmaps > Custom is to use one of the Related views or to use one of the example roadmaps presented when clicking "+ New report". The examples, and related views, cover recommended roadmaps and are a great way to get familiar with how the tool works.
If you are ready to dive in and create your own custom timeline report, simply do the following:
1) Navigate to Reports > Roadmaps > Custom.
2) Click "Select Data" to chose what data you want to visualize on your timeline in the Rows and Cells.
3) Chose the timeframe that you want to display your Cells value in. This can be a range of dates by using Duration or a specific date by using Milestones.
4) Optionally, add filters such as a filter for Product Name to only show data items related to a specific product.
5) Use the time control slider and calendar icon to manipulate the granularity of time. You can display years, quarters, months, weeks or even days of the week on the timeline view.
6) Customize the coloring of your timeline by clicking the green gear icon on the top right of your roadmap. For example, you can visualize releases by product and custom color code each product on the timeline.
You can now save your timeline and share it with others by adding it to a notebook.