Aha! provides multiple ways to create beautiful roadmaps and then share your roadmaps with your team. In addition to roadmaps that cover common needs — the strategy roadmap, the feature roadmap — it's useful to get acquainted with the custom roadmap, which you can use to create a roadmap that fits your exact use case.
You can use the custom roadmap to visualize dates for the following record types:
- Strategic initiatives
- Products and workspaces
- Master features
You can even visualize the custom date fields that you add to any of those objects.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
Create your roadmap
The custom roadmap is located under Roadmaps > Custom. The easiest way to get started is to click the Views dropdown and select Related views. You can also use one of the example roadmaps presented when clicking the Add roadmap button. The related views and example roadmaps cover recommended roadmaps and are a great way to get familiar with how the tool works.
If you are ready to dive in and create your own custom roadmap, simply do the following:
1. Click the Add data icon on the top-left to choose what data you want to visualize on your timeline in the Rows and Cells fields.
2. Choose the Time frame that you want to display. This can be a range of dates by using Duration or a specific date by using Milestone.
3. Add a sort order to your row and cell values by clicking the Sort rows icon and the Sort cells icon. If you customize your roadmap to use compact bars, the sorting will be automatically set for the best visualization.
4. Click Done to apply your settings.
5. Optionally, click the Add filters icon on the top left to filter by different elements. For example, you may want to filter by Initiative to only show data items related to a specific strategic initiative.
6. Use the time control slider and the Set dates dropdown icon to focus the roadmap. You can display years, quarters, months, weeks, or even days of the week on the timeline view.
Customize your roadmap
Click the Customize view icon to customize the look and feel of your roadmap.
From here, you can change your roadmap's color scheme, choose to show or hide progress, and select whether you want a compact or expanded feel to the finished product.
When you've finished customizing, click Done to save your work, then click Save view to save your roadmap.
Share your roadmap
With your custom roadmap completed, you can easily share it with your stakeholders by selecting one of the export options under the More options button on the top right of the screen.
- To fold your roadmap into a presentation, select Add to presentation. In your presentation you can select the roadmap's update frequency.
- To invite people outside of your Aha! account to view your roadmap, select Share as webpage.
- For a static version of your roadmap, select Save as image or Save as PDF.