Some teams have their product management and development teams in Aha! But many others hook Aha! up with their bug / engineering tool of choice.
Having Aha! connect with your development tool enables the entire product core team to stay aligned while building what matters. Do your planning in Aha!, send vetted features to development, and receive real-time updates back in Aha! as they are completed.
Since our most popular integration is with Jira, we'll focus on that in this article. But all integrations can be set up using the same process outlined below.
Most companies have a backlog of items in their dev tool that they must bring into Aha! Before you import items into Aha! from Jira, you must set up the integration first. This is because the import functionality uses the mapping you've created.
To set up any integration:
- Click the gear settings icon next to your avatar in the top right corner of Aha! and select Settings -> Product
- Click the Integrations+ button
- Select your integration
- Follow the instructions on the screen to choose your mappings
It is important to note that both Account settings and Product settings have integration options. Product level integrations are where you configure development tool integrations such as Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Visual Studio TFS Online, GitHub, etc.
For Jira Cloud (formerly OnDemand), you may use the default Jira integration or the Jira via Connect version. There is no difference in functionality, but it's easier to set up the Jira integration.
Integrate with Jira
Our most popular and robust integration is with Jira. This is a bi-directional integration for both Jira Server and Jira Cloud.
Configuring the Jira integration is simple. All you will need is your:
- Your Jira URL
- A Jira Username and Password
- For on premise installations of Jira Server you will also need to Whitelist IP addresses in your firewall so we can communicate to your Jira instance.
Then, add the integration through your product settings and walk through the setup wizard where you will be prompted to:
- Select the project you wish to integrate with
- Select how your Aha! records map to JIRA records
- Select how the fields within those records map together
- Enable the integration and add the webhook to JIRA to make it a two way workflow.
Full documentation on setting up the Jira integration is located here.
Don't use Jira? Check out support documentation for additional integrations here
- Add your product
- Import your existing backlog
- Create your first roadmap
- Invite your team
- You are here
- Share your visual roadmap