Some teams collaborate right in Aha! with their product, marketing or development teams. But many others choose to integrate Aha! with their bug tracker or engineering tool of choice.
Connecting Aha! to your development tool enables your core team to stay aligned while building what matters. Plan and strategize in Aha! and then send vetted features to development and receive real-time updates back in Aha! as they are completed.
Since our most popular integration is with Jira, we'll focus on that integration in this article. But all integrations can be set up using the same process outlined below.
Once you have established the integration between Aha! and your development tool, you will be then also be able to import items (say, a backlog's worth of user stories) into Aha! using the same mapping the integration required.
To set up any integration:
- Click the gear settings icon next to your avatar in the top right corner of Aha! and select Settings > Product.
- Click the + button next to Integrations.
- Select your integration.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to choose your mappings.
It is important to note that both account and product settings have integration options. Product level integrations are where you configure development tool integrations such as Jira, Pivotal Tracker, Azure DevOps Server, Azure DevOps Services, GitHub, etc.
For Jira Cloud (formerly OnDemand), you may use the default Jira integration or the Jira via Connect version. There is no difference in functionality, but it's easier to set up the Jira integration.
Integrate with Jira
Our most popular and robust integration is with Jira. This is a bi-directional integration for both Jira Server and Jira Cloud.
Configuring the Jira integration is simple. All you will need is:
- Your Jira URL
- A Jira Username and Password
- For on-premise installations of Jira Server you will also need to Whitelist IP addresses in your firewall so we can communicate to your Jira instance.
Then, add the integration through your product settings and walk through the setup wizard where you will be prompted to:
- Select the project you wish to integrate with
- Select how your Aha! records map to Jira records
- Select how the fields within those records map together
- Enable the integration and add the webhook to Jira to make it a two-way workflow.
Full documentation on setting up the Jira integration is located here.
Don't use Jira? Check out support documentation for additional integrations here.
- Add your product
- Import your existing backlog
- Create your first roadmap
- Invite your team
- You are here
- Share your visual roadmap