The Aha! integration for Salesforce allows ideas to be submitted to Aha! from opportunities, accounts, and cases in the Salesforce.com CRM. This article will discuss how to install and configure the plugin. To read more about the integration functionality, read "Using the Aha! Salesforce integration."
For Aha! customers already using the Salesforce integration, we encourage you to install the latest version of the Salesforce application (click Install Aha! package) and then click the authenticate button in the integration in Aha! to switch to Oauth 2.0.
To install the Aha! integration into a Salesforce production or sandbox account, follow these instructions. Please note that your Salesforce edition must have API access to use this integration. These instructions are quite long, but all steps are necessary to have the integration work successfully.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Install the Aha! package in Salesforce
- Create an ideas portal in Aha!
- Add the Salesforce integration in Aha!
- Add Aha! ideas to your Salesforce user interface
Install the Aha! package in Salesforce
1. Log into your Salesforce instance, then click on the link below to install the latest version of the integration. This link is always to the latest version. If you already have the integration installed, this will upgrade your package to the latest version.
Note: If you are setting up this integration with a sandbox account, you may need to manually change the login URL to Salesforce.
2. You will see this page describing the package. Choose to grant access to all users and click, Install. It may take a minute or two for the installation to complete.
3. Once the package is installed, it will look like this:
Create an ideas portal in Aha!
To link ideas between Aha! and Salesforce, you will need a new Aha! private idea portal with single-sign on configured. You can have multiple idea portals that display the same ideas by selecting the same products when configuring each portal.
1. In Aha!, click on Settings > Account > Configure portals.
2. Click the Add portal button to create a new portal.
3. The portal should be a Private portal so that only Aha! and Salesforce users can see the ideas. Choose a URL for the portal. Choose each of the product(s) that you want your Salesforce users to be able to create ideas for.
4. Next, move to the Single sign-on tab. Use the Identity provider dropdown to select JSON Web Token. This will allow Salesforce users to access ideas in Aha! without any additional login process. In the Remote login URL enter “https://login.salesforce.com/apex/ahaapp__AhaRedirector”.
Leave the Remote logout URL empty.
5. Click Update to save your selection.
Add the Salesforce integration in Aha!
Now you need to link your Aha! account to Salesforce. This will allow Aha! to create ideas in Salesforce and to update the status of ideas when the status changes in the Aha! record.
1. In your Aha! account, go to the Settings > Account and click the + icon next to Integrations. Click on the green + Salesforce button to add a Salesforce integration.
A few notes on integrating with multiple accounts:
- You can create multiple Salesforce integrations in one Aha! account as long as each integration is for a different ideas portal. You cannot link multiple Salesforce accounts to a single portal.
- You cannot link one Salesforce account to multiple Aha! domains.
2. Click the Authenticate button to create a link to Salesforce using OAuth 2.0 authentication. The Salesforce user that authenticates here will be used for posting changes to the status of ideas visible in Salesforce. This user must have permission for all opportunity, case, and account records that will be linked to Aha!
3. If you are using a production Salesforce instance, then leave the Host box empty. If using a sandbox, enter your host as "xx29.salesforce.com" where "xx29" matches the host for your instance.
4. Choose the ideas portal that you created earlier. This will be the ideas portal that ideas from Salesforce are created in.
4. Click the Test connection button to verify that the settings are correct and to configure Salesforce with the ideas portal. You must click Test connection again if you change the ideas portal.
5. Enable the integration by checking the Enable box.
Give all Salesforce users permission to use the integration
1. Under Manage Users, select Permission Sets:
2. Click on the Aha! Permission Set.
3. Click on the Manage Assignments button at the top of the screen.
4. Select all users (or all users who should have access to the integration) and click Add Assignment.
Add Aha! ideas to your Salesforce user interface
Aha! and Salesforce are now completely integrated. The last step is to make these new capabilities visible in the Salesforce user interface by noting two things.
First, the Aha! idea visibility settings will affect an idea's visibility as a Salesforce opportunity. So, for example, if you set an idea to hidden in your portal, or merge a visible idea with a hidden one, the linked Salesforce opportunity will not be visible either.
Second, the Aha! application is supported for the Classic Salesforce UI. If you are using the Lightning Experience, you are still able to integrate Aha! ideas, but this is not the preferred UI for the integration.
For the Classic UI
1. Open an opportunity. On the opportunities screen, click on the Edit Layout link at the top of the page.
2. You will see the controls for editing the layout. Under Visualforce Pages, there is a new page for Aha! Opportunity Ideas. You can drag this onto the page where you want it to appear. It can be helpful to add a section that you can place the page into. The default height and settings for the page do not need to be modified.
3. Save the edited layout.
4. Repeat these last three steps on the Cases page so that ideas can be linked to cases.
5. Repeat the same three steps on the Accounts page to allow ideas to be linked directly to your account.
The integration is now installed!
For the Lightning Experience
On the Opportunities page, select to Edit the page from the set-up dropdown. Drag and drop the "Record Detail" (not "Visualforce") onto the page layout where you want ideas to appear. If you already had the Aha! ideas in the Classic UI and are upgrading to Lightning, you will see the idea record already on the page. If you are integrating the Aha! ideas for the first time, you will need to edit the page layout to include the ideas wherever you want them to appear on the Opportunities page. To do this, select "Opportunity Layout" from the right navigation. This will take you to the Classic UI editor where you will follow steps 2 and 3 outlined above for the Classic UI.
Repeat these instructions on the Cases and Accounts page if you would like ideas to be linked to these.
Read "Using the Aha! Salesforce integration" to learn how to use the integration.