The Aha! integration for Salesforce allows ideas to be submitted to Aha! from opportunities and cases in the Salesforce.com CRM. This article will discuss how to install and configure the plugin. To read more about the integration functionality, read this article.
For Aha! customers already using the Salesforce integration — we encourage you to install the latest version of the Salesforce application (click Install Aha! package) and then click the authenticate button in the integration in Aha! to switch to Oauth 2.0.
To install the Aha! Integration into a Salesforce production or sandbox account, follow these instructions. Please note that your Salesforce edition must have API access to use this integration. These instructions are quite long, but all steps are necessary to have the integration work successfully:
Install the Aha! package in Salesforce
1. Log into your Salesforce instance, then click on the link below to install the latest version of the integration. This link is always to the latest version. If you already have the integration installed, this will upgrade your package to the latest version. Note: If you are setting up this integration with a sandbox account, you may need to manually change the login URL to Salesforce.
2. You will see this page describing the package. Click the “Continue” button.
3. Choose to grant access to all users and click, “Next.”
4. Click “Install” to complete the installation. It may take a minute or two for the installation to complete at this point.
5. Once the package is installed it will look like this:
Create an ideas portal in Aha!
Idea that are linked between Salesforce and Aha! are exposed to Salesforce through an Idea Portal in Aha! You need to create an idea portal that will be used by the Salesforce integration. Note: This must be a new private portal with single sign on configured. You can have multiple idea portals that display the same ideas by selecting the same products when configuring each portal.
1. In Aha!, click on Settings -> Account -> Configure idea portals.
2. Click the + button next to the Configure idea portals title to create a new portal.
3. The portal should be a “Private” portal (so that only Aha! and Salesforce users can see the ideas). Choose a URL for the portal. Choose each of the products that you want your Salesforce users to be able to create ideas for.
4. Once the idea portal settings are saved, a new tab will appear at the top of the screen titled “Single sign on”. Change to this tab and enable JSON web token single sign on. This will allow Salesforce users to access ideas in Aha! without any additional login process. In the “Remote login URL” enter “https://login.salesforce.com/apex/ahaapp__AhaRedirector”. Leave the “Remote logout URL” empty.
5. Save the SSO settings.
Add the Salesforce integration in Aha!
Now you need to link your Aha! account to Salesforce. This will allow Aha! to create ideas in Salesforce, and to update the status of ideas when the status changes in Aha!
1. In your Aha! account, go to the Settings -> Account and click on the + button next to Integrations. Click on the green button to add a Salesforce integration. You must not have more than one enabled Salesforce integration in your Aha! account.
2. Click the Authenticate button to create a link to Salesforce using OAuth 2.0 authentication.
3. If you are using a production Salesforce instance, then leave the Host box empty. If using a sandbox, enter your host as xx29.salesforce.com where xx29 matches the host for your instance.
4. Choose the ideas portal that you created earlier. This will be the ideas portal that ideas from Salesforce are created in.
4. Click the “Test connection” button to verify that the settings are correct and to configure Salesforce with the ideas portal. You must click "Test Connection" again if you change the ideas portal.
5. Enable the integration by checking the “Enabled” box.
Give all Salesforce users permission to use the integration
1. Under "Manage Users" select Permission sets:
2. Click on the Aha! Permission Set.
3. Click on the "Manage Assignments" button at the top of the screen.
4. Select all users (or all users who should have access to the integration) and click "Add Assignment".
Add Aha! ideas to your Salesforce user interface
Aha! and Salesforce are now completely integrated. The last step is to make these new capabilities visible in the Salesforce user interface.
1. Open an Opportunity. On the Opportunities screen, click on the “Edit Layout” link at the top of the page.
2. You will see the controls for editing the layout. Under “Visualforce Pages,” there is a new page for Aha! Opportunity Ideas. You can drag this onto the page where you want it to appear. It can be helpful to add a Section that you can place the page into. The default height and settings for the page do not need to be modified.
3. Save the edited layout.
4. Repeat these last 4 steps on the Cases screen so that ideas can be linked to cases.
5. Repeat the same 4 steps on the Accounts screen to allow ideas to be linked directly to account.
The integration is now installed!
You can read how to use the integration here.