This bi-directional integration allows you to push features and requirements from Aha! to Rally (also known as CA Agile Central) and keep the feature status up to date in Aha! as engineering does their work.
- One integration is associated with one Rally project. The integration supports configuring multiple integrations with different workspaces.
- All features and requirements in a release can be sent to Rally server using the Send to Rally item in the Action menu on the Releases page.
- Releases in Aha! will create releases in Rally.
- An individual feature and its requirements can be sent to the Rally server using the Send to Rally item in the Action menu on the Features page.
- A change in Rally will be immediately reflected in Aha! via the webhook. Aha! will automatically install the necessary webhook when the integration is configured.
When you have completed your product roadmap and feature planning in Aha! you can move features into Rally for the engineering team to work on. You can send them individually or in bulk.
This integration supports sending the following items:
- Attachments in one direction from Aha! to Rally
- Rank in one direction from Aha! to Rally*
- Status information in one direction from Rally to Aha!**
- Feature start date and due date (map to Rally as portfolio item planned start date and planned end date)
* Portfolio items are ordered based on their corresponding rank in Aha! which is determined by their sort order in the Features > Board view. This is done by using the rankAbove/rankBelow parameter in Rally. Changes to the rank in Rally are not reflected back into Aha! but sending updates to Rally from Aha! after using Aha's rerank functionality or manual drag-and-drop rank changes will change the order of portfolio items in Rally after each sent update.
** Status updates flow from Rally Online to Aha! only. This is because once sent to development, the status of the feature should be owned by development, not product management. This ensures that product management won't inadvertently change a feature status while engineers are working on it.
Advanced Mapping Options
The advanced mapping options for Features and Requirements include the following Rally portfolio items:
- Feature > User Story, Requirement > User Story
- Feature > Feature, Requirement > User Story
- Feature > Initiative, Requirement > Feature
The integration will also continue to support existing Rally integrations that use the Feature -> User Story, Requirement -> User Story (child of Feature User Story) mapping.
Create the integration in Aha!
The integration automatically installs the webhook in Rally to enable the two-way workflow, thus minimizing the likelihood of setup-related usability issues.
You must be a Product Owner in Aha! to configure this integration.
- Navigate to the product you want to integrate using your drop down menu next to your home icon.
- Click on your name in the top right corner of Aha! and choose Settings > Product. Click on the + button next to Integrations.
- Select Rally from the list of integration options.
- Enter your Rally username and password.
- Click the Test connection button.
- On success, you should be able to choose a workspace. Select Test Connection after selecting a workspace to retrieve a list of projects for that workspace.
- Once this second Test Connection completes successfully, select one of your Rally projects that this Aha! product should integrate with.
- Specify the Feature and requirement type mapping.
- If you have required fields defined in Rally, specify default values for those Rally fields for both features and requirements in Aha!
- Enable the integration.
- Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send to Rally item in the Actions menu on the features page. You should then look at your project in Rally and see that the feature (and any requirements) were properly converted to user stories.
Note: You can add the integration multiple times if you want to integrate multiple projects with a single Aha! product. Once you have added an integration, you may change the title to specify the project this integration belongs to by clicking on the title at the top of the integration set-up page.