A large company may discover that two of their teams have been using Aha! and decide to merge the accounts. We recommend one Aha! account per company — so you can fully utilize the power of portfolio collaboration and visual roadmap views.
There is no way to merge Aha! accounts programmatically, but you can do so manually with easy-to-use import and export functions. You need to be an owner in order to import data.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- Prepare your primary account
- Export your data — then import it
- Recreate remaining data
- Delete your secondary account
Prepare your primary account
- Create any new products, product lines, or workspaces you may need.
- Then recreate any strategy, custom fields and custom workflows in the primary account that you have in the secondary account. Creating this data upfront will allow you to import much of the other data by mapping fields.
- You can export and import initiatives, but depending on the number of initiatives that need to be created, you may also decide to add them manually as well.
- Name each custom field exactly the same in both accounts to avoid confusion. Any fields you don't wish to import, you do not need to recreate.
- If you have capacity planning turned on and want to export any of the capacity data, you must turn on capacity planning in the primary account as well.
Export your data — then import it
- Export the data from the secondary account by exporting it as a CSV file from either the Features > List or Roadmaps > List pages.
• You can use the Features > List view to export features, requirements, releases, and initiatives. You can use the Reports > List view to export the same data as well as any ideas you wish to move.
• If you want to export requirements, then you must choose at least one field under the requirements section. Each requirement will then be its own row.
- Carefully follow the Import from CSV instructions on the primary account.
- Import your CSV file to the release or parking lot of your choice in the product or workspace of your choice.
• You can move features to another release in any product or workspace later.
• When importing features, you can link to initiatives as long as the initiatives are imported or manually created first.
Recreate remaining data
You are now ready to recreate the remaining data in the primary Aha! account. The following data and relationships will need to be manually recreated, if applicable:
- All records:
- Release phases
- Release milestones
- Custom fields
- Saved views
- Saved reports and roadmaps
Delete your secondary account
Once you're comfortable that any relationships have been established, you are free to delete your data from the secondary account and close it. If you are a paid customer, you'll want to cancel your account under Settings > Billing.
For additional help or questions, please contact our Customer Success team.