Occasionally a larger company will discover that two teams have been using Aha! and decide they want to merge accounts.
One account per company is the recommended configuration for Aha! so that the power of portfolio collaboration and visual roadmap views can be fully realized.
There is no way to merge Aha! accounts programatically, but you can do so manually and we include easy to use import and export functions to make this possible. You need to be a Product Owner in order to import data.
We'll consider the primary account the one that will be used going forward. The secondary account will be eventually retired.
- First create any new products you may want.
- Then recreate any strategy, custom fields and custom workflows in the primary account that you have in the secondary account. Creating this data up front will allow you to import much of the other data by mapping fields.
- Recreating the strategic components found on the Strategy -> Overview and Strategy -> Goals tabs is a manual, copy & paste effort.
- Initiatives can be exported and imported but depending on the number of Initiatives that need to be created, you may also decide to add them manually as well.
- It is recommended that you name each custom field exactly the same to avoid confusion. Any fields you don't wish to import, you do not need to recreate.
- The Features List view can be used to export Features, Requirements, Releases, and Initiatives. The Reports List view can export the same data as well as Ideas if you need to move ideas from the secondary to the primary account.
- You need to add all the data fields you wish to export from the green Add columns button on the top left. Scroll down to ensure you include all of your default and custom fields.
- If you want to export requirements, then you must choose at least one field under the requirements section. Each requirement will then be its own row.
- You may need to map column headers.
- Import your CSV file to the release or parking lot of your choice in the product of your choice (you can move features to another release in any product later).
- When importing Features, you can link to Initiatives as long as the Initiatives are imported or manually created first
- Attachments for all data objects
- To-dos and comments for all data objects
- Releases: Phases and milestones
- Features: Links to Goals and other Feature links, scorecards and logged time
- Initiatives: Custom fields
- Saved views
- Saved reports
For any additional help or questions please don't hesitate to contact support.