The Ideas > List screen is a powerful view for managing and prioritizing ideas across products. This screen allows you to manipulate data in list format where you can customize the columns presented and sort the order of the data.
In addition to visualizing your data, the Ideas > List is powerful because it also allows you to perform bulk edits to ideas. This enables updating fields on multiple ideas at once, such as the idea visibility and status, as well as even bulk promoting ideas to initiatives, master features, or features.
Note: The Ideas > List screen is hidden by default for new Aha! accounts. If you would like to enable it, you can do so by customizing your menu navigation.
How it works
You can create and save any view you want through filtering and adding data fields. To add additional data to the list, click the Add data button on the top left of the page. You can add data columns to the page for all default and custom fields. To filter, click the Add filter button on the top left of the page and select which data you wish to filter the view against.
To save the view, click on the Views dropdown on the upper right of the screen and select Save view. Give your view a name, choose whether you wish to share it with other team members by sharing it via product(s) rights, and decide whether you wish to let others edit the saved view. Saved views will be accessible through the Saved views section under the Views dropdown.
Once you have a useful view, you can share it with your internal or external stakeholders through a Notebook or export it through Excel, CSV, image, or PDF. To share your list, simply click on the More options button.
Customize your report
After adding all of the data columns to the list table that you want to display, you can reorganize the columns, sort the data within the columns, and rename the column headers.
To sort your data by a specific column, hover on the column header and click the more details button. Then, select from one of the sort options in the dropdown. You can also sort multiple columns by clicking the Sort data icon in the top-left corner. This will allow you to sort columns based on multiple values, such as alphabetically by feature status and feature name.
Lists can be customized further in the following ways:
- To reorganize the columns, click on the column header and drag it to the desired location on your report.
- To change the name of your column headers, select the text within the column header to begin editing the name.
- To modify the width of a column, drag the edge of the column header to the desired size.
- To add a column, delete a column, or add a calculation column, hover on the column header, choose the more details button, then select an action.
Export Ideas > List views
In addition to Notebooks, users have four other options for exporting their Ideas > List:
- Export to CSV
- Export to Excel
- Save as image
- Save as PDF
To export the list in any of these formats, simply click the blue Export button located in the upper right area of the screen. Exporting to a CSV or Excel file can be useful when you need to work offline. You can import from CSV to update data later. The image and PDF export options are useful if you wish to publish the content elsewhere, such as a PowerPoint file or an internal wiki.
Similar to the Features > List screen, the Ideas > List screen also allows you to bulk edit ideas. What is special about the Ideas > List screen for bulk editing is that it allows you to promote ideas in bulk. When you chose to promote an idea, you can promote it to an initiative, master feature, or feature. There are two main promoting options:
- Create new: This allows you to bulk create new records from the promoted ideas. The bulk promote action will result in a new record created for each idea you bulk promote.
- Promote to existing: This allows you to promote the ideas to an existing record. The bulk promote action will result in every selected idea being linked to the single existing record.