This article is for teams that use a product workspace. If you are using Aha! to manage marketing workspaces and marketing lines, see this article on saved views.
A saved view is a visual representation of a page in Aha! that you can customize and come back to for future use. Saved views can be organized into folders, added to Aha! presentations, and shared with others. Roadmaps, analytics reports, Gantt charts, and calendar reports (to name just a few) can all be represented as saved views.
You must have owner or contributor permissions to create a saved view.
Click any link here to skip ahead:
- Create a saved view
- Access saved views
- Share saved views as a webpage
- Notes on shareable webpage security
Create a saved view
While almost any page in Aha! can be represented with a view, some views can be managed from the reports dashboard and shared externally as a webpage.
The following pages can be saved as views:
- Custom roadmap
- Dependency report
- Diagram report
- Features list
- Features roadmap
- Features workflow
- Gantt chart
- Hierarchy report
- Ideas chart
- Ideas list
- List table
- Master features roadmap
- Pivot table
- Portfolio roadmap
- Starter roadmap
- Strategic roadmap
To create a new saved view:
- Choose a page that you want to save as a view from the above list. Note: To create a view based on a page that is not mentioned on the above list (for example, on strategy pages or the features board), you can add a view to a presentation slide. See this support article for more information on adding views to presentation slides.
- Configure the page to meet your needs. Then, navigate to the Views dropdown and click Save view. If you are on an existing view, click Save as to save a new copy of the view.
- Add a Name. Typically, it is best to choose a unique name so you can quickly identify it later.
- Set the Share internally with value. This value controls access to your view. Users who have permission to access the products and/or product lines that you select in this field will be able to access the view.
- Set the Save in value by choosing a folder where you would like to save the view. Folders can be created and managed on the reports dashboard.
- Set the Editing permissions. You have two options for editing permissions.
- View only: Users you have shared the view with will be able to see the view but only you and administrators will be able to edit the view.
- View and edit: Anyone you have shared the view with will be able to view and edit regardless of their product-level permissions.
You can always change the settings of your saved view from the report details drawer, which can be accessed from the reports dashboard or from any view by selecting Views > Edit view details.
Access saved views
Saved views are accessible from the reports dashboard. You can also access saved and related views from the Views dropdown, which appears in the top-right corner of most pages throughout the Aha! application.
When you click Saved views, the Views modal will open. Within the modal, there are two tabs:
- The Saved views tab lists any saved views that you have created (or ones have been shared with you) that are the same type as the page you are currently viewing. For example, on the Releases > Gantt > Views > Saved views modal, you will only see saved Gantt chart views. The Saved views tab is perfect for quick access to views that you have recently accessed, favorite views that you have bookmarked, and views that have been shared with you. You can search, filter, and sort saved views to locate the views that you need.
- The Related views tab lists additional reports, analytics, and charts related to the page you are currently viewing to help you get started with a new view. For example, if you are looking at your initiatives and click Views > Related views, you will be provided with a list of sample reports related to initiatives, such as a strategy roadmap or column chart.
Tip: Related views will carry forward any defined filters. For example, if you are viewing the initiatives page filtered to only show initiatives for a certain time frame, that time frame filter will also be applied to the related view you select. This ensures that the related views are consistent with what you were previously viewing.
Share saved views as a webpage
Saved views can be shared outside of your Aha! account using the Share as webpage option. To see the Share as webpage option, you must be the creator of a saved view. If you are not the creator of a view, you will not see the option to share it.
To share a saved view as a webpage:
- Start by enabling this account-level setting: Settings > Account > Security and single sign-on > Saved views: External webpage security.
- Create a view by following the steps mentioned in the Create a saved view section of this article.
- Save your view. Only saved views can be shared. If your view is not saved, the Share as webpage option will be greyed out until it is saved. Any unsaved changes that you make to the configuration of the report will not appear in the view.
- From the source page of the view, select the More details button, then choose Share as webpage. The share as webpage modal will appear. You can also access the Share as webpage modal using the Settings link found on the reports details drawer on views that were created by you.
- From the Share as webpage modal window, enable the Shareable webpage setting. This will generate a view-only webpage for anyone to access your view from their browser window and an embed link for adding it to a webpage — for example, you might want to embed the view on your company intranet site.
To embed a shared view into another webpage, copy the Embed link and include it within your webpage. The embed link includes two attributes that gives you visibility control of the header and footer for the embedded view. For example:
- To hide the header, set the header attribute to false: header=false
- To show the footer, set the footer attribute to true: footer=true
The logo in the top-left corner of the webpage view can be customized by updating the logo image at Settings > Account > Profile > Primary logo.
Notes on shareable webpage security
As you are getting started with shareable webpage views, here are few security and administration notes to keep in mind:
- Shareable webpage links are unique for each saved view.
- Anyone with a link to your shared view has access to see the view only — they cannot make changes to any of the data contained in the view.
- The data contained in the shared view will refresh every five minutes upon a page refresh.
- Account administrators can see all shared views that have an externally shared webpage. To see a list of all shared views:
- Navigate to Roadmaps > Overview > Dashboard.
- Set the filter values of the Shared externally filter to Yes and the Access filter to All reports.
- Disabling a shared view will update its unique link to no longer display the saved view. To disable a shared view, the creator of the view can disable it from the Share as webpage modal on their saved view.
- Account administrators can disable a shared view by selecting Report drawer > More details > Disable shareable webpage.
- Account administrators can also disable the account-level sharing from Settings > Account > Security and single sign-on > Saved views: External webpage security, disabling all active shared links in your account. If you disable the setting, users will no longer be able to share any saved views externally as a webpage.