This article is for teams that use a product workspace. If you are using Aha! to manage marketing workspaces and marketing lines, see this article on saved views.
A saved view is a visual representation of a page in Aha! that you can customize and come back to for future use. Saved views can be organized into folders, added to notebook presentations, and shared across your teams. Roadmaps, analytics reports, Gantt charts, and calendar reports (to name a just a few) can all be represented as saved views.
Create a saved view
While almost any page in Aha! can be represented with a view, some views can be customized and saved on the reports dashboard. The following pages can be saved as views:
- Calendar report
- Custom roadmap
- Dependency report
- Diagram report
- Features list
- Features roadmap
- Features workflow
- Gantt chart
- Hierarchy report
- Ideas chart
- Ideas list
- List table
- Master features roadmap
- Pivot table
- Portfolio roadmap
- Chart report
- Starter roadmap
- Strategic roadmap
To create a new saved view:
- Choose a page that you want to save as a view from the above list. Note: To create a view based on a page that is not mentioned on the above list (for example, on strategy pages or the features board), you can add a view to a notebook presentation slide. See this support article for more information on adding views to notebook slides.
- Navigate to the Views dropdown located in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click Save view. If you are on an existing view, click Save as to save a new copy of the view.
- Add a Name. Typically, it is best to choose a unique name so you can quickly identify it later.
- Set the Share with value. This value determines the products and/or product lines that will be able to access the view.
- Set the Save in value by choosing a folder where you would like to save the view. Note: Folders can be created and managed on the reports dashboard.
- Set the Editing permissions. You have two options for editing permissions.
- View only: Users you have shared the view with will be able to see the view but only you and administrators will be able to edit the view.
- View and edit: Anyone you have shared the view with will be able to view and edit regardless of their product-level permissions.
- Click Save view.
Once you have created your view, you can always change the settings using the Views > Edit and share option or from the Report drawer.
Access saved and related views
The Views dropdown, which appears in the top-right corner of most pages throughout the Aha! application, can also be used to access Saved views and Related views.
The Saved views tab lists any saved views that you have created (or ones have been shared with you) that are the same type as the page you are currently viewing. For example, on the Releases > Gantt > Views > Saved views modal, you will only see saved Gantt chart views. The Saved views tab is perfect for quick access to views that you have recently accessed, favorite views that you have bookmarked, and views that have been shared with you. You can search, filter, and sort saved views to locate the views that you need.
The Related views tab instantly generates additional reports, analytics, and charts related to the data you are currently viewing. Whether you are viewing a list of your strategic initiatives or assessing upcoming features, Aha! provides samples to help you visualize and analyze your data.
For example, if you are looking at your initiatives and click Views > Related views, you will be provided with a list of sample reports related to initiatives, such as a strategy roadmap or a column chart.
Tip: Related views will carry forward any defined filters. For example, if you are viewing the initiatives page filtered to only show initiatives for a certain time frame, that time frame filter will also be applied to the related view you select. This ensures that the related views are consistent with what you were previously viewing.