This integration enables your support team in Zendesk to take customer requests and convert them into new ideas or link them to existing Aha! ideas. Idea status changes are automatically highlighted in Zendesk — so it’s easy to see and communicate how the customer’s request is progressing through product development.
When a Zendesk ticket is linked to an Aha! idea, the customer submitting the ticket can be added as the Idea creator and as a subscriber through the integration app settings. If added, the customer will automatically receive email notifications of status updates. With this integration, Zendesk tickets may be reduced - customers won't need to actively check in to get status on their enhancement requests.
Zendesk agents do not need an Aha! account to link to ideas in Aha! or to create new ideas and it's free for all agents.
To set this up, you need the following in Aha!
- Have an Aha! account.
- Have at least the Contributor role for for the products that you want your agents to submit ideas to.
- Have the Administrator role in your Aha! account.
- Have an active idea portal - note: you will be able to create the integration with Zendesk even if you don't have an idea portal created. If you get the error "The idea could not be created" double check that you have enabled an idea portal for your product.
- In your idea portal select each of the products that you want to be able to submit ideas from Zendesk. If the product is not enabled for an idea portal you will get a "Bad Request" error message when trying to link a ticket to an idea.
To install and configure the Aha! app in Zendesk you need to be a Zendesk admin:
- Find the Aha! app in the marketplace (you can do this while in Zendesk by clicking on the gear settings icon and going to APPs -> Marketplace.
- Install the Aha! app in Zendesk.
- Configure the app by entering the subdomain for your Aha! account under the "App Configuration" tab. The subdomain is the part that comes before ".aha.io" in the URL when you access Aha!
- Go to a ticket in the Zendesk user interface. Open the apps sidebar by clicking the Apps button in the top right of the user interface.
- In the Aha! app, click on the link that says Authorize this app. Note that the user who initially authorizes the app must also be a Zendesk administrator so that the authentication information can be saved in Zendesk.
- You will be prompted to log in to Aha! and to authorize Zendesk to access your account.
As a reminder, once the app is authorized it will be usable by any Zendesk agents without the need for an Aha! account for each agent.
Note: New ideas created in Aha! through the Zendesk integration automatically default to a visibility level of "not visible in portal". However, default visibility settings can be modified for idea portals if desired.
Note: Ideas with a visibility setting of "not visible in portal" will not be visible to Zendesk agents when using the Link Idea feature in Zendesk and performing a search for related ideas. This is by design as a visibility setting of "not visible in portal" denotes it is an idea that the product manager does not want others outside of the product management team using Aha! to see.
Note: Ideas can be marked as "created by" the ticket requester (customer) or the Zendesk agent who submitted the request to Aha! through additional settings in the "App Configuration" tab of the Zendesk setup.
Note: The linked "idea requestor" email is automatically added as an idea watcher in Aha! to receive status updates through email notifications. This can be disabled within the "App Configuration settings".