Sharing real-time data is a necessity for product managers. You want to make sure everyone has the right information at the right time. Whether you are presenting a new product strategy to the team, sharing launch plans with marketing, or setting up a real-time dashboard for executives — Aha! presentations are the best way to communicate product roadmap information.
Add Aha! views to your presentation
The first step to create your real-time dashboard is to create a presentation with an Aha! view. You can create hundreds of Aha! views by using the existing data in your account. Aha! views can be used to represent your release roadmaps, strategy models, or pivot reports, among many others. Each Aha! view can have its own update frequency within the presentation.
To create an Aha! presentation from a page:
- Starting from almost any page in Aha!, customize the page as you would like for it to appear on your dashboard.
- From that same page, click the More options button in the top-right corner and select Add to presentation.
- Select Existing presentation or Create new presentation and then enter the required information.
- Click Add to presentation.
Note: You can also add views directly to a presentation by clicking the Add Aha! view button within the presentation slide editor when customizing your presentation slides.
Set Aha! views to update in real time
To manage the content within your presentation, navigate to Roadmaps > Presentations > Overview and select your presentation. Next, follow these steps to change the update frequency of the Aha! view:
- Select the Aha! view within the slide and you will see View options appear on the right-hand sidebar.
- Change the update frequency to Live update. This allows for the creation of real-time dashboards by automatically having the view update every time the data in Aha! changes.
Publish your presentation
Aha! presentations can be published via a secure webpage so the team will have the most up-to-date information on timelines and upcoming features. To publish your presentation via a secure webpage, follow these steps:
- On the slide layout view, click Generate webpage or Update secure webpage.
- When the presentation is ready, click Open secure webpage.
- Trigger auto-play by clicking the play button at the bottom-right.
Real-time dashboard examples
Real-time dashboards are most useful for providing visibility into your product plans that tend to change throughout the day. Common examples include:
- Feature status by release
- Workflow/kanban view of the work flowing through development
- Release status information
- Idea status by product
- Most recently submitted ideas
The following is an example of a live dashboard showing feature status by release and who the feature is assigned to. Keep this presentation open and in fullscreen mode on a monitor to have a real-time dashboard of the assigned work heading from design into development.