This two-way integration allows you to push your features and requirements in Aha! into Trello and get list/status changes back.
You may also have a need to create multiple integrations per product in order to accommodate how the engineering team is split up. For example, you may have an overarching product to manage, but there may be 2 teams, one for the front end and one for the backend. This can be done simply by creating multiple integrations within Aha! (make sure you rename them on the top-left to keep the teams straight).
All integrations are configured in under Settings > Product. You need to be a Product Owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
Features from Aha! to Trello
- The following information is copied from Aha! when a feature is sent to Trello: feature name, feature description, requirements and attachments.
- One Aha! product is associated with one or more Trello boards.
- Individual features can be sent to Trello using the Actions -> Send to Trello menu on the features page.
- All features in a release (that have not already been implemented or sent to Trello previously) can be sent to Trello using the Actions > Send to Trello menu on the release page.
- When a feature is copied to Trello one card will be created for the feature. If the feature has requirements then each requirement will become a checklist item on the feature card. The requirement description will be concatenated with the name - so Trello does not work well with long requirement descriptions.
- Only the description and attachments of a feature or requirement is sent. No to-dos or comments are included.
- The due date of the card will be set to the release date of the release the feature belongs to (Note: the due date will not be set if the feature was sent from an Aha! backlog to Trello).
- After a feature is first sent to Trello, changes to the name, description and requirements, can also be sent to Trello using the Actions > Update Trello menu on the features page or by sending all features in a release to Trello again. New requirements will also be created in Trello, however checklist items that were created for an existing requirement are not deleted from Trello if the requirement is deleted from Aha!. If an attachment is deleted in Aha! the corresponding attachment in Trello is not deleted.
Features from Trello to Aha!
- When a card is moved from one list to another in Trello, the status of the feature in Aha! is updated.
You need to be a Product Owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
Please carefully follow these instructions to ensure that the integration is properly configured.
- Navigate to the product you wish to integrate using the menu to the right of your home screen.
- Under Settings > Product click on the + button next to Integrations.
- Add the Trello integration.
- Click on the Create integration button.
- Click on the Authenticate button. You will be taken to a screen to log into your Trello account and approve the Aha! integration.
- Click the Test connection button.
- After a short delay, you will be able to choose the Board the cards will be created in.
- Each list in the Trello board can map to a different feature status in Aha!
- Choose the list that new features should be created in, and whether they should be added to the top or bottom of the list.
- Enable the integration.
- Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Actions -> Send to Trello menu on the features page. You should then look at your board in Trello and see that the feature (and any requirements) were properly copied.
To help you troubleshoot an error, we provide the detailed integration logs below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further help.