It's easy to take nearly any view from Aha! and publish it as a Notebook via a PDF or secure web page. You can proudly share your roadmap and the genius that went into it. You can also keep it up-to-date with ease since Aha! remembers which pages were part of each notebook you create.
This feature has been carefully crafted to keep you in control of who sees what and when. Sometimes, as features and dates change, you want your published roadmap to automatically reflect the new reality. However, more often than not you want to be able to decide when to present the latest and have necessary time to communicate new updates. You can do both with this feature.
Create as many Notebooks as you need. You will be celebrated for quickly customizing and sharing your roadmap with different folks based on what they need.
Create your Notebook
- To get started publishing your brilliant roadmap, go to any screen in Aha! and click, "Export".
- Next select "Create new notebook".
- This will create a new Notebook and add the screen you are viewing to that Notebook. Take care to rename any new notebooks with the internal name you'll use to identify your target audience or stakeholders. The default name will look like Notebook dd/mm/year hr:min.
- Continue on to other screens across Aha! and add any screens that you want to share with others to your Notebook(s). You can add up to 40 pages to a single notebook.
Manage and share your Notebook
To manage or share your Notebooks, you may immediately click on the pop-up message after you click, "Export". Or, you can later go to Reports > Notebooks > Overview and select the specific Notebook from the list.
- Once on the manage screen for your Notebook, the first thing you should do is customize the title page. You can edit the title, subtitle, and description as well as attach your own image.
- Next, you can arrange the views. The default order will be the order that you added them to the notebook in. However, this is often not necessarily the order in which you want the views presented.
- You may also want to collaborate on a Notebook with someone else from your team. You can do so by adding collaborators that you want to work with. Each collaborator can see every view that has been added to the Notebook, and they can add views to the Notebook as well.
- When you are ready to publish a Notebook, you can save it as a PDF or create a web page.
You can also custom brand your notebooks by adding your own logos in Settings.
Web notebooks allow the creation of a externally accessible page where your stakeholders can go to access screens in Aha! you elect to share. Each page can have its own update method: Live view, refresh on update or use a snapshot.
- Live view: Automatically updates the page every time the data is changed in Aha!
- Refresh on update: Only updates the page when the manual "Update web page" action is clicked.
- Use a snapshot: Creates a static point in time reference of the page.
While browsing a web notebook, there is a table of contents option at the bottom to allow ease of navigation between pages.
Web notebook security
When you create a web page, a secure link is generated that will not be indexed by search engines. You can then share that link as desired with the proper stakeholders. Hyperlinks are displayed on the page cards to quickly navigate to the view in Aha! If the card represents a saved view, it will also include a bookmark icon to the left of the hyperlink.
You may also add additional protection by setting a password for a notebook using the “gear” icon to the right of the “Update web page” button. At any time, you can change the password or remove it completely. Users will need to re-enter the password again if the password changes.
In addition to setting a password for web notebooks. You can go to Settings -> Account -> Security and single sign-on and restrict web notebook access to Aha! users only. This adds another layer of protection to who can access notebooks.
Note: Enterprise+ customers should be mindful that if IP based access control is configured this can block any external users wishing to access the notebook from outside of the specified IP addresses.
If you update a Notebook after publishing it, you can create new PDFs. You can also download the old versions that were created (on the left of the screen).
For web pages, please note that there is always only one URL per Notebook. While you can view older versions that were created (on the left of the screen), you cannot revert to an older web page and publish it.
You can copy an existing notebook as a starting point for creating a variation of it. To copy a notebook, click on Actions in the detail drawer, and select Copy this notebook. The notebook's copy includes all notebook pages, collaborators, and to-dos.
After disabling users, product owners and contributors who also have administrator permissions, can take control of any notebook created by a user that no longer has access to Aha!
To change the owner of a notebook to yourself, simply find the applicable notebook in the list when viewing "All Notebooks". While hovering over the notebook, click the "Take Over" button to immediately transfer ownership of the selected notebook to yourself.
To delete a notebook owned by another user, you must have product owner or contributor permissions and Administrator Account permissions. You can delete old notebooks by going to the "All Notebooks" tab and hovering over the notebook you wish to delete. If you have the correct permissions, you'll be presented with a "Delete" button to delete the selected notebook.