It's easy to take nearly any view in Aha! and publish it as an Aha! Notebook via a PDF or secure web page. You can proudly share your roadmap and the genius that went into it. You can also keep it up-to-date with ease since Aha! remembers which pages have been included in each of your Notebooks.
This feature has been carefully crafted to keep you in control of who sees what and when. Sometimes, as features and dates change, you want your published roadmap to automatically reflect the new reality. However, more often than not, you want to be able to decide when to present the latest and also have the necessary time to communicate new updates. You can do both with this feature.
Create as many Notebooks as you need. You will be celebrated for quickly customizing and sharing your roadmap with different folks based on what they need.
Create your Notebook
- To get started publishing your brilliant roadmap, go to any screen in Aha! and the More options button.
- Next, select Add to notebook.
- This will open up a window where you can select to either add the screen to an existing Notebook or create a new Notebook.
- Continue on to other screens across Aha! and add any screens that you want to share with others to your Notebook(s). You can add up to 40 pages to a single Notebook.
Manage and share your Notebook
To manage or share your Notebooks, go to Reports > Notebooks Overview and select the specific Notebook from the list.
- Once on the manage screen for your Notebook, the first thing you should do is customize the title page. You can edit the title, subtitle, and description as well as attach your own image.
- Next, you can arrange the views. The default order will be the order that you added them to the Notebook in. However, this is often not necessarily the order in which you want the views presented.
- You may also want to collaborate on a Notebook with someone else from your team. You can do so by adding collaborators that you want to work with. Each collaborator can see every view that has been added to the Notebook, and they can add views to the Notebook as well.
- When you are ready to publish a Notebook, you can save it as a PDF or create a web page.
You can also custom brand your Notebooks by adding your own logos under Settings > Account > Configure.
Web Notebooks are externally accessible pages where your stakeholders can access screens in Aha! you elect to share. Each page can have its own update method:
- Live view: Automatically updates the page every time the data is changed in Aha!
- Refresh on update: Only updates the page when the manual Update web page action is clicked.
- Use a snapshot: Creates a static point-in-time reference of the page.
While browsing a web Notebook, there are control options located at the bottom right allowing you to navigate forward and backward, enable autoplay of the Notebook, access the table of contents, as well as toggle a full-screen version of the Notebook.
Notebook configuration options
- Footer: The text entered here displays at the bottom of both web and PDF Notebooks.
- Slide transitions: Allows enabling and disabling of the page flipping animation when transitioning between pages in a web Notebook.
- Autoplay slide duration: The time in seconds between slide transitions during Notebook autoplay.
- Password: Enables password protection for the Notebook. Users will be required to enter the password before accessing content within the Notebook.
- Enhanced security: Allows toggling whether the Notebook is visible publicly to anyone with access to the URL or if it is only available to Aha! users. Customers on the Enterprise+ plan will have the additional option of Notebook SSO.
- Optimize for: Allows toggling whether the PDF Notebook is optimized for viewing or printing. Optimizing for viewing removes page size constraints.
- Paper size: Defines the paper size to be used when the PDF is optimized for printing.
- Orientation: Choose between portrait or landscape orientation of pages within the PDF.
Web Notebook security
When you create a web page, a secure link is generated that will not be indexed by search engines. You can then share that link as desired with the proper stakeholders. Hyperlinks are displayed on the page cards to quickly navigate to the view in Aha! If the card represents a saved view, it will also include a bookmark icon to the left of the hyperlink.
You may also add additional protection by setting a password for a Notebook using the Settings button to the right of the Update web page button. At any time, you can change the password or remove it completely. Users will need to re-enter the password if the password changes.
In addition to setting a password for web Notebooks, you can go to Settings > Account > Security and single sign-on and restrict web Notebook access to Aha! users only. This adds another layer of protection to who can access Notebooks.
Note: Enterprise+ customers should be mindful that, if IP based access control is configured, this can block any external users wishing to access the Notebook from outside of the specified IP addresses.
If you update a Notebook after publishing it, you can create new PDFs. You can also download the old versions that were created (on the left of the screen).
For web pages, please note that there is always only one URL per Notebook. While you can view older versions that were created (on the left of the screen), you cannot revert to an older web page and publish it.
You can copy an existing Notebook as a starting point for creating a variation of it. To copy a notebook go to Reports > Notebooks Overview and open the details page of the Notebook you wish to copy. From within the details page, click the More options button and Select Copy this notebook. The Notebook's copy includes all Notebook pages, collaborators, and to-dos.
After disabling users, Product Owners and Contributors with Administrator permissions can take control of any Notebook created by a user that no longer has access to Aha!
To change the owner of a Notebook to yourself, simply find the applicable Notebook in the list when viewing All Notebooks. While hovering over the Notebook, click the Take Over button to immediately transfer ownership of the selected Notebook to yourself.