This integration allows you to push your features, activities and requirements in Aha! into Redmine as issues. Redmine is a project management web application that is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).
Because this is a one-way integration, your product or marketing strategy can flow from Aha! to your development team in Redmine.
You can also create multiple integrations per workspace to accommodate how the engineering team is split up. Note: Make sure you give each integration a unique name to keep the teams straight.
Configure this integration in Settings ⚙️> Workspace. You need to be an owner in Aha! to set it up.
Features of the integration
We'll describe the integration here using the language of products in Aha! (features, releases, etc.) but the same functionality exists for marketing workspaces (activities, schedules, etc.).
- One Aha! product is associated with one or more Redmine projects.
- Individual features can be sent to Redmine using the Send dropdown on the features detail drawer and selecting Send to Redmine.
- When a feature is copied to Redmine, one issue will be created for the feature. If the feature has requirements, then each requirement will also be sent as an issue.
- Only the description of a feature or requirement is sent. No to-dos or comments are included.
- Attachments of a feature or requirement are also sent.
- Aha! releases will be created as versions in Redmine.
- After a feature is first sent to Redmine, changes to the name, description, and requirements can also be sent to Redmine using the Update Redmine option from the More options dropdown. This option is located next to the link to the Redmine record within the Aha! feature. New requirements will also be created in Redmine. However, issues that were created for an existing requirement are not deleted from Redmine if the requirement is deleted from Aha! If an attachment is deleted on the Aha! side, the corresponding attachment in Redmine is not deleted.
Create the integration
- Navigate to Settings ⚙️> Workspace and then click on the + icon next to integrations in the left rail.
- Select Redmine.
- Click on the Create Integration button below the instructions.
- Enter your Redmine url and the API access key. You can find the API access key for a specific Redmine user by going to user's My account page. The API access key can be revealed on the right-side menu. Click the Test connection button.
- After a short delay, you will be able to choose the project the issues will be created for.
- Enable the integration.
- Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and clicking on the
Send to Redmine option under the Send menu on the features detail drawer. You should then look at your Redmine project and see that the feature and any requirements were properly copied to issues.
To help you troubleshoot errors, we provide the detailed integration logs below. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further help.