This integration allows you to push your features, activities and requirements in Aha! into Pivotal Tracker and get status changes back.
Because this is a two-way integration, your strategy can flow from Aha! to your development team in Pivotal Tracker, and receive status updates back as they complete the work.
You can also create multiple integrations per workspace to accommodate how the engineering team is split up.
Note: Make sure you give each integration a unique name to keep the teams straight.
All integrations are configured in under Settings ⚙️> Workspace. You need to be a workspace owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
Features of the integration
When Aha! sends a feature or activity to Pivotal Tracker, it sends the following fields: name, description, requirements, attachments, and story point estimates.
From Aha! to Pivotal Tracker
- One Aha! workspace is associated with one or more Pivotal Tracker projects.
- Individual features can be sent to Pivotal Tracker using the Send dropdown on the features detail drawer.
- All features in a release (that have not already been implemented or sent to Pivotal Tracker previously) can be sent to Pivotal Tracker using the Send dropdown on the release page.
- Features can be mapped to epics or stories in Pivotal Tracker.
- Requirements, which live in features, can be mapped to stories or tasks in Pivotal Tracker.
- Only the description and attachments of a feature or requirement are sent. No Aha! to-dos or comments are included.
- When a feature is sent to Pivotal Tracker, its status in Aha! is automatically changed to Ready to develop.
- After a feature is first sent to Pivotal Tracker, changes to the name, description, and requirements can also be sent to Pivotal Tracker using the Update pivotal tracker option within the Send dropdown on the features page or by sending all features in a release to Pivotal Tracker again.
New requirements will also be created in Pivotal Tracker, however, stories that were created for an existing requirement are not deleted from Pivotal Tracker if the requirement is deleted from Aha! If an attachment is deleted in Aha!, the corresponding attachment in Pivotal Tracker is not deleted.
From Pivotal Tracker to Aha!
Changes in Pivotal Tracker will be reflected in Aha! in real time. This enables you to track what stories have been completed automatically. The following fields will flow into Aha! from Pivotal Tracker:
- Story name
- Story description
- Story or task status
- Story point estimates
Create the integration
In Pivotal Tracker
- Go to the Settings page for the project, and then choose the Integrations tab or choose Configure Integrations.
- Under External Tool Integrations at the bottom of the page, create a new Other integration.
- Name the integration "Aha!" and set the Base URL to "https://<yourdomain>.aha.io/features" (where <yourdomain> is the sub-domain for your account).
- Mark the integration as Active, leave the other fields blank, and save the integration.
- On the Profile page, copy the API token.
- Under Settings ⚙️> Workspace, click on the + icon next to Integrations.
- Select Pivotal Tracker.
- Enter your API host for your private cloud, on-premise Pivotal Tracker. If you are using on-demand Pivotal Tracker, leave this field blank.
- Enter the API token you copied from Pivotal Tracker. Click the Test connection button. After a short delay, you will be able to choose the project the stories will be created in.
- Choose the integration in Pivotal Tracker that you created previously.
Back in Pivotal Tracker
- Create a new Activity Webhook for v5 in Pivotal Tracker and paste in the Hook URL.
- Enable the integration.
Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send dropdown on the features detail drawer. You should then look at your project in Pivotal Tracker and see that the feature (and any requirements) were properly copied.
Note: You can add the integration multiple times if you want to integrate multiple projects with a single Aha! workspace. Once you have added an integration, you may change the title to specify the project this integration belongs to by clicking on the title at the top of the integration setup page.
Configure field mappings
You can choose to send initiatives, features, and requirements over as follows:
- Feature → Story, Requirement → Story
- Feature → Epic, Requirement → Story
- Feature → Story, Requirement → Task
- Initiative → Epic, Feature → Story, Requirement → Task
You may also map feature statuses and feature types between Aha! and Pivotal Tracker.
To help you troubleshoot any errors, we provide the detailed integration logs. Contact us at email@example.com if you need further help.