This integration allows the product team to better understand what work engineers are completing in real-time. It also provides engineers a record of all of the changes that were made for a feature if there is a reason to go back and check and provides a hassle-free way to keep everyone in the loop.
This integration creates a comment in Aha! each time a feature or requirement is referenced in a GitHub commit message. Follow the simple steps below to set the integration up.
All GitHub Commit integrations are configured in Settings > Account > Integrations. You need to be an Aha! administrator to configure account integrations.
- On the Settings tab of the Github repository, open the Webhooks & Services_ section.
- Click Add webhook.
- Paste the payload URL from Hook URL section below.
- The Content type should be
- The secret should be empty.
- Select Just the push event.
- Create the integration in Aha! by navigating to Settings > Account > Integrations, clicking the + button and selecting GitHub Commit Hook.
- Follow the prompts in Aha! to enable your integration.
Note: When you are using Github's two factor authentication you must use their One Time Password (OTP) for applications using the API. Just put the OTP in for your username and leave the password blank. See this GitHub article for details.
Each commit message to the Github repository will be processed. If the commit message contains the reference from an Aha! feature or requirement then the commit message will be added as a comment to the feature or requirement.