Note: Depending on your workspace type, this article may refer to Aha! record types differently than your team does.
Click any of the following links to skip ahead:
- User roles
- Administrator roles
- Custom roles
- User permissions across the workspace hierarchy
- Users with no permissions
- Bulk edit user permissions
- Export user information to CSV file
- Aha! billing plans
There are four primary levels of user permissions in Aha! (though you can grant any user level administrator privileges). You can give a user different user roles in different workspaces in your account.
|Add and manage users within the workspace||x|
|Create new workspaces*||x|
|Create workspace integrations||x|
|Customize workspace settings||x|
|Set advanced estimates (Enterprise+)||x|
|Add and manage strategy, notes, releases, ideas, and features||x||x|
|Create and manage presentations||x||x|
|Add new features to existing releases||x||x|
|Edit existing features (update status, log time, add attachments, update feature attributes)||x||x|
|Add public comments on ideas||x||x|
|Edit approval to-dos||x||x|
|Create and edit ideas from within Aha!**||x||x||x|
|Create reports and roadmaps||x||x||x||x|
|Be added as a watcher on records||x||x||x||x|
|View parent line strategy, releases, ideas, and features||x||x||x||x|
|Create and complete to-dos||x||x||x||x|
|Create and edit personal notes||x||x||x||x|
*New workspaces can be added by owners using the + icon located on the upper-right side of the toolbar and can be created anywhere in the workspace hierarchy that the owner has visibility. Customization administrator access is required to edit the workspace hierarchy.
**Reviewers can create ideas and edit only their own ideas.
Administrator roles give users the ability to edit various account-level settings. It is a secondary user role so that a user can have administrator access to the account while having any level of access (including "None") to the workspaces and parent lines within the account.
There are three different administrator access roles:
- Account: Allows the user to manage account settings such as the account profile.
- Billing: Allows the user to manage account-level billing and user permissions. Your account must always have at least one billing administrator. You cannot delete or disable your only billing administrator.
- Customization: Allows the user to manage account-level customizations such as portals, scorecards, and workspace hierarchy.
Enterprise+ accounts can configure custom administrator roles and custom user roles. Custom roles are ideal when you have users that need specific permissions which are not covered by the pre-configured roles.
User permissions across the workspace hierarchy
If you have a workspace hierarchy set up in Aha! with at least one parent line and a child workspace, then the following also applies:
- A user who has permission for a workspace automatically gets viewer permission for the parent lines that this workspace is nested under. This allows the user to see the hierarchy and the strategy for the parent line.
Note: The user cannot see other workspaces (even the workspace names) under the parent line unless they have explicit permission to do so.
- A user with explicit permission at the parent line level will have that permission for all child workspaces. The only exception is if they are given more permission for a specific workspace. (They cannot be given less permission for a workspace in that line.)
Disabling and deleting users
If you are an administrator with billing permissions, you have access to Settings ⚙️> Account > Billing > Users, where you can edit the permissions and profiles of your users. Here, you can also choose to Disable or Delete a user.
- Disabled users do not count as paid seats, and can be reactivated later. Disabling a user does not remove records they have created.
- Deleted users are removed permanently from the list of users. Deleting a user does not remove records they have created.
Users with no permissions
If an Aha! user attempts to view a workspace to which they have no permissions, they will be presented with a notification page. The page provides an email address of an administrative user with account-level permissions who can adjust their user permissions.
Bulk edit user permissions
To bulk edit user permissions, go to Settings ⚙️> Account > Users. Select the checkbox next to any name. The Bulk edit button will appear at the top of the user list.
Export user information to CSV file
Account administrators can export a complete list of users in their account to a CSV file for better visibility and monitoring of the Aha! user community. Go to Settings ⚙️ > Account > Users to find the Export Users button.
Exported values include first name, last name, email, last active, seat in use, whether they have administrator rights, the date the user was added to the account, the email address of the person that added the user, and user roles by parent line and workspace.
Aha! billing plans
- In the premium plan, you pay for every user no matter their role.
- In the enterprise and enterprise+ plans, you pay only for owners and contributors. You may add unlimited reviewers, viewers, and users with no permissions. Usually, users with no permissions are added to administer the account.
- In any billing plan, you may add unlimited ideas portal users without charge.
Sign up or upgrade your plan under Settings ⚙️> Account > Billing.